View Single Post
      12-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #35
Transport3r
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 N55 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by kueks29 View Post
Unfortunately my English is rusty, since it's been 20 years. Maybe someone can translate ...
I have a very close relationship to the M-GmbH and as of Monday in fact the V6 was the favorite and was high on the development list.
Unfortunately, on Monday the Board decided to stop the V6 project and go onwards with the R6 (I6?) ....

It is and was clear that the V6 can do everything better!
It is balanced, offers the potential for better development, better response, etc. ..
The power output was originally advised to be 470PS, with driver's package even 500PS ...

The only drawback: the cost!
And this is exactly why the project was ended and replaced by the R6 (I6?).
It is now a booger pimped 335i! Thus, the power will be 420 horsepower max and the M3 will offer only slightly better performance because of the slightly lower weight compared to the E90.

Now everyone needs decide for themselves what they want ... I will personally shell out no more than € 25,000 ($34000) for a 335i pimped, because what benefits will the M3 offer now compared to a 335i?
The crappy optics? I don't necessarily need them...
The DCT? That will also be available on the F30 335i ...
The adaptive suspension? The F30 335i has that also now ...
The performance? Give any tuner $1,000 there as well ...

... and if it [the tune] blows the engine? Yes... it's just $20,000 for a new one - still cheaper than an M3.
Anyway, I'm not willing to buy large-scale production technology at inflated prices.
An M has always been something special and its price would better be worth it somewhere!
But under the expected circumstances, I'll buy a C63 ...
Translated

That's terrible news on the other hand.
I might just hold on to my N54 E92...

Last edited by Transport3r; 12-02-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Appreciate 0