06-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #28
Powerslide
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IB M View Post
If ur talking dollars the new M5 will be worth 50% of MSRP in 3 years whereas the CS will be closer to 75%. If you want practical get the 18 M3 ZCP and order an individual color with CCBs.
Funny you should say that. This morning I was thinking I could get a new 2018 M3 ZCP with the M Performance HAS coilover kit, which along with Bridgestone RE71-R's would probably make it very close in performance to a stock M4CS (and still I'd be about $15,000 better off - hell - could even get the M Performance Exhaust and STILL come out ahead).

As for the F90 M5 - the price delta would still also be huge even with the M performance suspension (for the M5, unlike an M3, I could no longer use my winter wheels and tires - so that's yet another cost to consider). Again, an M3 ZCP with Bridgestone RE71-R's and M Performance HAS would probably be very close to a stock F90 on the track for a lot less money (although the F90 would clearly be faster straight-line, but I value handling over just straight-line speed).

If I had to pull the trigger now, it would be 2018 M3 ZCP with M Performance HAS suspension.
Appreciate 1
TommyGuk327.00