View Single Post
      06-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #100
onatuesday
Captain
Rep
Drives: Hyundai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomTom///M View Post
Thanks for pointing that article out. I hadn't seen it.

As most articles, the facts aren't 100% correct. Here the facts:
- Yes, I bought the car for my wife as her daily driver. Partially because I really like it and partially because she likes fast saloons.
- Yes, I have recently realized one of my dreams and took delivery of my 458 Speciale (see: http://www.crankandpiston.com/journa...iale-journals/), surprisingly the first one in Dubai as well. A car that I ordered more than 18 months ago.
- I'm a real BMW-fan and am the happy owner of a 1M. Which I'll probably never sell, because it's so much fun to drive. And looks amazing!

And what's not true:
- I didn't "convince the dealership to give me one of the two cars they had", this was my car from the beginning, the one that I ordered and down-paid last year already. It (to my surprise!) arrived as early as April, as 1 of the first. I expected it around July, to be honest.
- I'm not a car collector. I use them. A lot. Drive them as hard as I can, safely. Because I believe that where they're made for. I don't see the point spending so much money on such cars and not trying to utilize their full potential.

I want to believe I'm not a (typical) 'wealthy' man, just a petrol-head coming from a simple background, with a very good and very demanding job, who realizes that he is very lucky to be able to fulfill some of his childhood dreams by owning cars that he couldn't even dream of when he was a kid. Actually, I'm happy that I had to earn every penny to buy these cars myself, because that only makes me appreciate them even more.
Are you going to ask them to take the article down? I don't see how they can post that without your consent or at least informing you that they were going to do that. It seems like poor journalism to me, especially because they used your photo without your permission. Just goes to show how easy it is for any site to pose as a "news" outlet on the internet just by taking someone else's post and rewording it (and heck half of it wasn't even true).
Appreciate 0