View Single Post
      02-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #82
parky1215
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F90 M5C | G06 X6 M60i

Just want to write small update to dome light rattle issue.
This part that I am about to mention was ok when I first got my car.
However, it gradually got worse and started to make squeaking and rattling noise on uneven road.

I took out dome light again (see first post) and found exact location that was causing the noise.

After you take off dome light, you will see white plastic plastic that goes across left/right side of the hole. It is attached to metal frame by 2 plastic screws.
I noticed that there were some gap in the middle section (between 2 plastic screws) causing it to rattle against metal frame. You can test it by lightly tapping that section upward.

Good fix would be to take those plastic screws off then apply some felt tapes between metal frame and plastic. However, I couldn't figure out how to take those screws off.

Instead, I just insert felt tape (marked in red in picture) to eliminate the noise. I had to stack 4x 1mm felt tape to fill the gap between these 2 parts. After this fix, I was able to completing eliminate noise coming from dome light area!

I will update main post shortly.
As for door rattle, I was able to eliminate some noise with my quick fix not mentioned here. But I am still not satisfied with the result.
I will eventually take the door panel off the car and check inside the panel.
Appreciate 0