View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Do you think the next m3/m4 will have most hp in class?

So I never quite have figured why bmw m cars typically are never the horsepower leaders in their class of cars and consistently merc and even a lot of american cars absolutely top them.

Now I understand that the m cars do everything well, handling, looks, steering etc. I get that.

But why do they not do both? They do not have to give up all that good stuff that makes it an m3 but why not also be competitive on a hp basis since good or not a lot of people look at hp on paper and decide on a car.

I can even understand with the NA engines, maybe they would have had to sacrifice engine character to get more power but now with the turbo's there is really no excuse for the m cars to not be putting out a stupid amount of power.

I really cannot fathom why the m5 came with only 550 hp when the competitors are already higher than them and probably will continue to increase their hp where the m cars typically do not get a power bump.

Why not 625 in the new m5?

Bottom line do you think the new m3 will push the envelope with power and break tradition or will merc still offer more power? Sadly I think the m3 will offer 475 hp which is more or less the same as this generation of c63. M3 should be at 550 and the m5 at 625 IMO
Appreciate 0