View Single Post
      04-17-2014, 10:24 AM   #37
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma290 View Post
I worry about upkeep on Frozen paint finishes. Little scratches on normal paint can be buffed out with my Porter Cable. I anticipate that taking a Porter Cable to a frozen paint job will not end well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttosBMWBrian View Post
Correct. Caring for frozen paint is nothing short of difficult. Dust and light dirt can just be rinsed off and carefully dried, but any nick, scuff, or scratch cannot be buffed out at all as you'll shine the finish in doing so. Washing has to be done with special Ph-neutral soap.
sorry, you're not correct. caring for a Frozen paint job is pretty easy. i'm an owner of a frozen grey and it's been easy to take care of than my gloss job cars. the clear coat on Frozen finishes don't require waxing....it's just soap, water then drying. that's it. if you find that difficult....then you should worry.

small scratches are actually hidden by frozen clear coat because of it's very nature to not reelect light back at you. on gloss jobs, theses are always noticeable.

you can further protect your frozen paint job by adding a layer of special wax if you choose. just like a gloss job, doing this will give your car that added protection against small scratches, dried water stains, bird shit and bugs.

again...if you can't do that for a gloss job, then you'll find that difficult on a frozen job.

there is only one legitimate concern about owning a frozen paint job.....and that is repairing it. from deep scratches to collisions ....any repaint will be expensive because there are few paint guys that can do it well.

you can protect yourself against the deep scratches however by getting an spell stealth clear bra. i have that over the whole front end of my car.

if you wan't to hear from actual frozen paint owners over rumors , go to this thread and find out for yourself...

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=841594
Appreciate 0