View Single Post
      01-07-2018, 03:12 PM   #10
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

I would probably take this for a drive if I were in the market for a 340i, 440i Grand Coupe, S4, S5 Sportback, C43 Sedan, or something in those vehicle classes (sporty luxury sedan/hatchback), just to see how it stacks up. The important thing to keep in mind is that it is actually on the large side for this segment and, as such, comes in at about 4000lbs. So you are making that compromise in addition to whatever others may come with the deal (quality? tackiness?). That said, the Audi and Mercedes products I named aren’t exactly lightweight either.

But anyway, with 365hp, a true M3 alternative it most certainly is not. There are rumors of a potential V8 model which could make things a bit more interesting, but not much other than speculation exists right now. Plus, that would probably be the existing 5L naturally aspirated V8 which, while nice, is starting to get left behind as high end turbocharged six cylinder engines march toward and up over 500hp. Now, if Kia/Hyundai were to bring a turbocharged V8 to the table, they could actually make some real noise and ruffle some feathers.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410784.50