View Single Post
      03-04-2012, 06:30 AM   #139
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapezzul View Post
Thanks- I had heard March of 2013 so a year from now the 4 would be launched as the cabrio first with the M3 sedan following that fall with the 4 coupe, capitalizing on the summer for the cabrio like the 6er. BMW is seemingly relying less and less to debut cars at auto shows. Still a long time out but I like your timeline.
I have not heard anything regarding the introduction of the Cabrio first over the Coupe. The 6er used that because of some last minute detailing.
So far the Coupe and Cabrio are on schedule with the Coupe first.
and we should see that in over a year's time.

Its all a matter of timing , especially in regards to which is closest to the actual market launch. But BMW as are other manufacturers are taking advantage in the countries where sales are sky rocketing especially BRIC countries. So expect BMW to use those shows in Brazil and Russia (Moscow)
to their advantage later this year.

This year it is Beijing, where they intend to steal the show again like they did with the Gran Coupe concept with three world premieres. As well as the Asian debut of the BMW M6 Coupe and Cabrio at the M.Night on the eve of the Beijing show. It will also kick off the events leading to the 2012 M. Festival.