04-18-2024, 01:30 PM   #6
pxscu
pxscu
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Enjoyer View Post
Hello All,

I'm highly considering going to a single turbo setup BUT live on Long Island, NY where emissions/inspections tend to be a hassle. I was curious if anyone in the area is running a single turbo kit and has been able to pass inspection.

I daily drive my car so this will be a big make or break it when it comes to going forward with the kit. (You can't just go out and buy an inspection sticker anymore so I'm expecting this to not work out LOL)

To my understanding - O2's and Cats must show "readiness" in order to pass. I'm curious if anyone has found a way to bypass this with a ST setup as I'd imagine it's probably not in the motors best interest to go back to a stock tune without stock dp's & turbos.

All insights are greatly appreciated.

Drive safe, I look forward to reading the responses!
If your emission process is similar to mine in Nevada we can have ONE code pending to pass. I recently went single turbo but haven't checked the emission monitors yet nor is the car in my possession atm to check but..
with my custom tune on stock turbo I only had one pending code which I'd imagine still looks the same with single bank enabled.

2015 F80 M3 - BigBoost 8474 EFR Single Turbo / EU5 Injectors / Precision Stage 3 Brushless LPFP / Dorch Lift Kit / Wagner Cooler
https://www.instagram.com/pxscu/
Appreciate 0