View Single Post
      03-07-2017, 05:39 PM   #57
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

kingikra yeah... the A5 wouldn't be my first choice for fast driving... since there is so much traffic around those large cities there.

Like I have said before... the A9 Autobahn is my first choice for fast driving. The sections from Munich to Ingolstadt and then to Nuremberg are the best places to go really fast. Really that section from Nuremberg to Greding is the best place. But that whole stretch of Autobahn is really nice and straight(for the most part) and safe to drive fast.

I think when you drive from Munich to Nuremberg, there are only four (short stretches)places where there is a 120 kph speed limit in: Greding, Ingolstadt and then just before Nuremberg.

Quote:
I might be able to go up to Allershausen on the A9.
I hope you do! I have to make a video of my drive on the A9... I am surprised that hardly no one has a good video showing how nice this autobahn is for fast driving. I did find this one though...

All German Autobahns have a speed limit of 130 kph(even when not posted) unless you see a "unlimited" free zone sign...

end of speed restrictions...
Name:  autobahn-end-of-restrictions-sign.jpg
Views: 2341
Size:  83.5 KB

Even though this signs means you can drive as fast as you want... or as fast as conditions allow(ie: rain, snow, fog)... the German government still recommends that you drive 130 kph. But no one does that(or very few do). Most drive from 160 to 190 kph. And then some drive in the >200+kph range. It's the people driving the small eco cars(less than 50 PS, high fuel eco cars) or cars from other countries like NL or Eastern Block countries that one has to be on the look out for. Those are the guys who pull out in front of you when your driving very fast and you have to brake very hard to avoid them. Not fun.

The Germans have a funny law that says once you drive faster than 130 kph... IF you get into an accident.. you "might be" held at partial or fully at fault. That's why you see people is really small cheap cars driving close to 130 kph.. while more experienced and faster cars driving over >200+ kph.

Dack
Appreciate 0