View Single Post
      03-09-2017, 12:25 PM   #60
kingikra
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think Bavaria(Bayern) has the most Autobahns with no speed limits.
These are good news :-)

Quote:
Seriously though... most good twisty roads do have these extra guardrail barriers... but even still... you have to drive with some common sense.
I'm not driving like crazy. Especially when I'm abroad on roads and rules that I don't know enough. Especially not with a 458

Quote:
On that one back road(Tiroler Strasse) leading into Kufstein from Bayrischzell, Germany until Thiersee, Austria... the cops do hide sometimes in the woods with a laser gun. You just have to be looking for them. I usually don't drive too fast near the borders... bc you are more likely to encounter some sort of Polizei. And when they stop you like that... you have to pay on the spot(!) usually in cash - although more polizei now a days do take credit cards.
These are really bad news
I don't mind to pay for the ticket but have no idea what will they do if they'll catch me for 70 KPH over the limit (This can happen easily).

Quote:
Actually in Germany/Austria... its best to carry some cash... bc not everywhere can you pay with a credit cards.
Thanks for the tip

Quote:
The roads you will be driving are quite safe for spirited driving. These are the roads that me and my buddies drive in the Spring and Summer months.
Hopefully I'll end this trip safe (police wise I mean).

Quote:
Yeah... Bernhard's is a nice small charming place. But like I said its kind of pricey by German/Austrian standards. Its nice to splurge though. At most restaurants you will pay about 15 to 22 euros per person. Most drinks beer's/sodas will run about three to four euros.

Also... Bernhard's opens mostly for the evenings I think. At least that's always when I have visited them.
I'm not planing to eat there every day . Just once and for once it does not count as expensive for what I'm used to here.
As for opening hours, it'll be great if you'll help me find the opening hours. I have found the following link which states that it is indeed opening in the evening but also during noon from 12:00 to 14:00 which might be a problematic time window for me. I still need to figure out which direction should I take in my first day's trip. Anyhow I'll use the Kufstein restaurant as a backup

Quote:
Also when it comes to dining out in Germany/Austria... you don't really need to tip much(like in the states). The restaurant dinner bill includes the 9% VAT tax plus it also includes a 16% server tip for the services. So normally you just round up a few(three to five) euros for the tip. IF the service was really exceptional... round up a few more euros. But not ten to twenty percent, like in the USA.
Is that an order or a suggestion Now seriously, I actually like to tip and here it's very common but if you'll tell me that I'm "breaking the ethical rules of German tiping", I'll consider and leave as you suggested.

One more very important question if I may, how's the duty-free shop at Munich Airport? I'm looking for 1 liter bottles of whisky. Do you know if they're available? At my country they stopped selling them. Only 700ml.

Last edited by kingikra; 03-09-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Appreciate 0