Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Bernhard's in Oberaudorf

Open: Monday thru Sunday from...

12:00 Uhr - 14:00 Uhr
And then from 18:00 Uhr - 22:00 Uhr

Thursday's Ruhetag = Closed on Thursdays.
Thanks for that!

Quote:
Perhaps at a nice restaurant you can tip more like in the USA. But for most restaurants in Germany/Austria... it's quite normal just to round up the bill a few euros. For example if the bill comes to 42 euros... I would leave 45 euros. This is a normal good tip. There are quite a number of Germans who don't even leave a tip!
Will do!

Quote:
Also... when you are at any restaurant or cafe... don't feel like you need to rush. The servers are quite ok with the customers sitting there for hours and hours. It's more relaxed, slower paced here. As long as you are ordering... and talking... the server will not bother your nor try to make you leave or buy something else. This is a European way/thing.
I come from a different culture and that is OK. If you'll think of that, if restaurant/cafe will ask you to leave if you sit too much time without ordering, you'll say that they are rude. On the other hand, think of the restaurant/cafe that "looses" money of another customer while you're sitting there.
Don't get me wrong, I respect each culture and its traditions but just for a thought...

Quote:
I've never really been in there! lol But I can say that most bottles of liquor are of the 0.7 liter size over here.

I did a quick search on Amazon.de... maybe you could have it delivered to your hotel before you arrive. ?
https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_no...eywords=whisky

Most every German grocery stores sell liquor & wine. IF you see a EDEKA or REWE or REAL grocery store... You could pop in and check. In Austria I would stop at a SPAR Markt or a M.PREIS grocery store.

In Kufstein(A) there is a really nice Interspar grocery store - its one of the nicest grocery stores I have ever been in, over here.

Interspar
Karl-Ganzer-Straße 1,
6330 Kufstein, Austria

In Munich behind the Marienplatz, there is the world famous Dallmayr store. They are famous for good coffee and cigars. Maybe they would have some whisky ? Actually that whole street has some very interesting high end stores. Porsche Design, and this cray store called: Manufactum Warenhaus - which is kind of a cross between a bakery & cheese shop and the Sharper Image store. Its always fin to walk around inside. But no whisky.

Dallmayr
Dienerstraße 15,
80331 München

I also found this liquor store on Google Maps... its just down the same street as those Butcher shops...

Whisk(e)y Shop tara
Rindermarkt 16,
80331 München

IF you go to Garching to see BMW ///M HQ's... across the street is a pretty nice EDEKA grocery store that has a decent selection of liquors.

EDEKA Ernst Garching
Parkring 37,
85748 Garching bei München
Thanks for the info!

One more thing, on my last day I'm planing a bit of shopping (clothes).
I searched the web a bit and found the following mall near my hotel:
http://pasing-arcaden.de/

I'm not actually looking for the cheapest places. A nice place to be in is good enough and as close as can be to my hotel.

Thanks
Appreciate 0