View Single Post
      09-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #172
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

I will choose your post, but really I could choose any of the posts of the condescending tone and name calling. You should take a second and read and digest what people are saying before calling them "badge whores" because it makes you look ignorant when you do so. Many of the so called "badge whores" may have owned more ///Ms then you can count, including the earlier e30. Additionally, many of us are not "badge whores" but believe in tradition and history, and realize that the badge represents a storied history of passion and success, qualities people want to be reminded of. Yes, we (well at least I do) buy the car for what it can do, that doesn't mean we can enjoy other things about the car.

It's like if you changed the name from 911 to 915 or Gt3 to Gt4.....the badges and names of these cars represent history, passion and a standard and some of us know, respect and love that history and passion. That is why these "badges" like the "///M3" badge mean so much.

So before shooting off and attacking people as "badge whores" how about you just state you don't believe in the name is that important and move on, it's your opinion, it's not fact, an no one has labeled you because your opinion is different then ours,

Cheers,
e46e92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
As has already been stated the very first M3 was a sedan. The 'tradition' and 'heritage' of the M3 badge will not be lost because there will still be an M3 for you to buy if you wish. If you want a coupe then get the M4. If it really concerns you that no one will have heard of your 'M4' when you mention it at work then you are just a badge whore. All true enthusiasts buy cars because of the way they drive and make you feel - the name of the car is irrelevant. I think i'll have an M3 please.

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0