09-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #174
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46e92love View Post
I will choose your post, but really I could choose any of the posts of the condescending tone and name calling. You should take a second and read and digest what people are saying before calling them "badge whores" because it makes you look ignorant when you do so. Many of the so called "badge whores" may have owned more ///Ms then you can count, including the earlier e30. Additionally, many of us are not "badge whores" but believe in tradition and history, and realize that the badge represents a storied history of passion and success, qualities people want to be reminded of. Yes, we (well at least I do) buy the car for what it can do, that doesn't mean we can enjoy other things about the car.

It's like if you changed the name from 911 to 915 or Gt3 to Gt4.....the badges and names of these cars represent history, passion and a standard and some of us know, respect and love that history and passion. That is why these "badges" like the "///M3" badge mean so much.

So before shooting off and attacking people as "badge whores" how about you just state you don't believe in the name is that important and move on, it's your opinion, it's not fact, an no one has labeled you because your opinion is different then ours,

Cheers,
e46e92
Firstly thank you for ' choosing' my post. Please let me address the points you made in your post.

1. Your first paragraph explains why the M3 badge means so much to so many enthusiasts and i agree entirely - i never stated that everyone who felt this way was a badge whore - my point was that the type of person who would not buy an M4 just because it was not badged M3 and no one will have heard of it is a badge whore.......how can you argue with that? I never said that everyone who is expressing their opinion on wanting to keep the M3 moniker on the coupe is a badge whore.

2. All of us realise the tradition and history behind the M3 - you are talking like the M3 badge is going to be dropped....it isnt, there will still be an M3.

3. So before 'shooting off' and jumping to the defence of people that are not even being 'attacked' - read into the post.

Cheers
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0