View Single Post
      02-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #1
steve1980
Private
Rep
Drives: 18' F80 M3 ZCP

DCT free revved before gear engagement, also got a safety system warning light

Good morning everyone. Yesterday driving my M3 two things happened that I have not experienced yet that I was hoping to get some clarification on.

First, well into my drive with the car warm at this point, I was taking off from a traffic light and the car did not immediately grab. For a slight slight half second it revved first n then went into gear. I did tap the gas rather than apply weight to it so I am wondering if the car, obviously quite computerized, maybe recognized the way I tapped the gas pedal, or maybe there is a slip issue I should keep a look out for.

Also, while driving home, I had an image of a red car appear in the onboard computer area which beeped a time or two. It then disappeared. Wondering if that was one of the many safety features the car has, as it pretty much has every option minus ceramics and the wifi option. I did not notice anyone overly close to me when this happened, but again I could be wrong as I am not familiar w how these safety features work.

Sorry if these are noob questions but I am still getting used to this car/ transmission etc. Have a good day everyone.

Last edited by mkoesel; 02-05-2018 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: Readability, topic title clarity
Appreciate 0