View Single Post
      04-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #173
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman Murch View Post
Now we know why everyone is so focused on the true weight of the f8x platform - how does the power delivery dynamic of the S55 and its torque characteristics play into track modulation? Now I see why the throttle is programmed so linearly however I prefer the trigger throttle and that all out boost feeling earlier. I get lazy of having to push the pedal that far

Short shifting out of a turn is safe but boring unless you are driving an F40 or something like that

And the weight of the M6 and/or the convertible top (e93/f83) allows you to push hard through turns and know you will stick... So anti-drifting but not absolute
I don't understand any of this post really

a heavier car doesn't mean it has more grip. and the m6 has been ripped in many reviews for not having enough grip or enough chassis to handle the monster engine

also, all a more powerful car takes is a little more patience on the throttle application coming out of a corner. this is the same regardless if its an N/A or turbo engine if it makes a lot of power.

turbos and big engines IMO are fun on the track because you don't have to be on the razors edge of RPMs coming out of corners in order to have a lot of power blasting into the next straight. ive tracked cars with big torque and its a lot of fun blasting out of corners.

this isn't a zr1 or some uncontrollable monster like a gt2 rs, its going to be great on track

also, can you explain what you mean by your first statement?