02-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #13
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
BMW will always pkg options like this for now on. ITs easier for ordering for us dealers as well. You start making everything available as indiv pieces you end up getting cars that sit on the lots for a long time bc they are not optioned the way a person wants.

So when you group everything its a all or nothing type of buying which makes it easier for ordering as well as selling.

So don't expect BMW to go back towards more indiv options but instead more grouped options. Its frustrating yes however in the bigger picture it works a lot better this way for BMW and dealers.
So we should really be pissed at BMWNA, and not BMW AG.
CA should be standard. END OF STORY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH23 View Post
Let me state, I am on my third BMW. I love the company and their cars. I have also driven Porsches and understand the option game well. Never have I been as frustrated with options as I am with this particular car. It is a $70,000 car and you cannot even have the option of a rear-view camera OR PDC without dropping $4,300. It is beyond infuriating. I have a garage in an alley with a tight turn and some reversing in tight spaces to get into my spot, the PDC I have on my car now has saved countless bruises. Other than sat radio, I have not a need or desire for one other option in the Exec Pack, yet cannot either of these a la carte....poor treatment of their customers....and I would think BMW might consider M3 customers as an important part of their fanboy base. How about a frickin' bone??

Do you think going aftermarket with rear view cam would be a good idea? I know there are a few variants for the F30, I would think they would apply to the F80? Any advice - anyone else want to vent. Almost forgot, my assistant just got a new Kia - comes standard with satellite radio, my $70,000 plus car....it does not. And yes, I know it is a performance car - but some of us like to take our performance cars on long weekend drives and satellite radio is the absolute best for long drives.

LBH
There are even OEM options for the rear view camera and PDC for the E9x platform, so I'm pretty sure you'l lbe fine but it may take a year to be available.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0