View Single Post
      08-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #18
basscadet
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
It's not the tires, its the rebound shock tuning that causes the rear-end to be all over the place. Same thing with heavy braking with any turn of the steering wheel.

After I installed my Ohlins, all the rear-end nastiness was gone.

You should not have to move to a coil-over on an M car.
Completely agree. Don't get me wrong, it's not like the M3 can't hustle, I just found myself in a lot of oh-shit moments when the balance of the car was definitely upset. Maybe I'm just a shitty driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
OP... I test drove a GT350 when looking for a new car... Engine, suspension were great, but I found the the steering a bit twitchy and the front end seemed to hunt everywhere.. do you find that's the same in your case?
Twitchy - slightly. Hunt - not really. It's definitely a quick steering rack, but I actually like this. It's not hyperactive like my Evo was, and that was definitely fatiguing on long drives. The hunting you are talking about is tram-lining and a lot of other people have said they experience it in this car. With my limited time behind the wheel, I have not yet experienced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
I wasn't making the argument, but where I live I have only seen 2 other M4s and 3 other 4-series. Mustangs are a dime a dozen. Guess it depends on where you live.
Mustangs are a dime a dozen. No disagreement. It was one of the negative factors. It's hard to stomach that a $24k base model could be confused with a $62k GT350. But for me, I know that I could afford a lot of special cars that would really impress people (GT-R) but in the end, I don't really care what they think unless they're paying for it.
Appreciate 1
DrtyJrze707.00