View Single Post
      11-25-2017, 11:09 AM   #64
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((myzmak))) View Post
....as opposed to a dude who needs someone else to take care of his needs? yeah, i think chicks would prefer a guy who can take care of his own bidniss (ifyouknowwhati'msayin'...... )

yeah, so my point is not from a point of perfect driving technique or track mastery or anything like that, more just about spirited daily driving.

From my 100% unscientific poll based on random threads that i happened to read on here (so you know this is statistically sound as all fuck), a lot of the 'it breaks traction too easily' complaints tend to come from guys who just mash the pedal down hard when doing their stop light hero racing and expect the car to grip like 'no problem, mon' (the ole' on-off switch)

with a manual, while i appreciate you can do that, as MFore notes here

....the fact is, to get the same 'full throttle instantly' requires coordination with the left foot. And, sure, some guy who cares more about how to describe this will inevitably say 'but doesn't he mean clutch control?'

...yeah, like that...

but all i'm saying is that the act of applying throttle from a standing start in a manual just requires more coordination, and thus a little more deliberation rather than 'push right toes to floor'. That act of coordination will, most times, result in a bit more modulation - the few milliseconds most of us take to depress and release clutch in coordination with depressing throttle will result in a slight modulation of putting down the throttle and result in fewer traction issues.

can we just time it and mash it? sure. But to do that in an MT one has to try harder to mash it and break traction - it is easier and requires less effort in a DCT

so, with an MT most of us dont most mash it most of the time.

so, most of the time, MT drivers don't hit the traction issues that DCT drivers can hit in daily driving.

that's it.

not saying MT is better or worse (know what i prefer, but YMMV).

~myz out

(oh, yeah, plus chicks did the manual. if you havent realized that, you must be doing something or most things wrong )
Am chick. Have the manual. Can confirm
Appreciate 1
myzmak2415.00