Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Full LED adaptive coding enables this feature, and its amazing:
A good friend of mine works for BMW AG... we drove around at night in a new 740d with these dynamic LED's. I was totally blown away!! This is "State of the Art" when it comes to driving at night.

Basically the car keeps the high beams on all the time, but it can "black out" the area around a car in front of you! Therefor not blinding that car. And the LED lights can do this with on coming and traffic traveling the same direction, multiple targets. Its quite cool, to see in action. On the seven series you can also get the "pencil spot light" for pedestrians. Basically the car uses its infrarot(heat sensing) camera to talk to the headlights pc, then the 7er has what looks like fog lights but are actually pencil strobe lights to light up anything that tries to cross in front of the car from the side of the road. Its truly a life saver.

See my post #15 for more videos on this technology...
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=847496#

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
Yeah.. from a friend I met through boards who goes by V12. I'll send you a PM. he took my 2014 M5 and Brit 2014 M5 with the LEDs and worked backwards through the differences to figure out where the specific coding for adaptive LEDs exists, and then re-enabled it for US spec cars.

most coding is easy... however the adaptive LED light changes are bit more tricky (for instance how they label the "enlarged town lighting" shown in the -- not an easy or direct from German). Im sure others will crack it, but not sure if the info on how to fully enable these lighting features has made the coding sections of the forums.'
Yup! BMW first started to play around with AHL on the e60. I have actually had my 135i coded to "euro" AHL specs. That means at low speeds(under 100 kph) the low beam xenons point to each side of the road. The drives headlight points lower than the passenger side. Then when velhicle speed increas the headlights move to the straight ahead position. Also when you turn on the high beams, the EU car put out MORE light! This is all done via coding. See the BMW AG diagram bellow for more info.

Name:  AHL coding Lichtverteilung_AHL.JPG
Views: 4680
Size:  774.0 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
No LED tail lamps until LCI, and no....the xenons do not have LED turn signals.

The F32 - just like the F30 - has LED light bars in the tail lamps, but does not have LED brake lights. The turn signals aren't LED either.
I believe ALL F3x cars have LED front turn signals. At least every F3x, I have seen has front LED's. The tail lights still use a regular bulb though. The tail lamps are what everyone is what everyone has been complaining about. BMW knows they made a mistake on this topic - and I hear they will be correcting it soon.
Appreciate 1