Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 BMW M5 2007 E60 550i

Garage List
2002 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowbow View Post
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I do have track experience and have been tracking and autocrossing for over 10 years now so I'm not a total n00b but have never been to either of those tracks.

From my friends who have gone to the ring they suggested going when they first open to minimize traffic as they do let tons of cars on. So I'd get my 6-10 laps in and call it. It is hard to say, I feel like I know MY limits but it's just an unfamiliar track and a few hundred turns that I would not be able to get the hang of in 2 hours.

I might have to do both - I'm not sure if I can live with myself going to the ring and not driving it! But I'll sit on it for another few weeks and decide - maybe cooler heads prevail. I think I'll try and do the day at Spa, although the RSR day is not coinciding with our schedule right now. Might have to reschedule the trip around to make it work.
Do it. I already have my Nürburgring lap card in my possession. I don't plan to go crazy, I just want to say that I've been there. A check off of the bucket list.
Appreciate 0