Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post
What are you talking about?

The f80 M3 shares the same front end of the f32, not the f30. Exactly how the e90 M3 shared the same front end of the e92 (pre-lci, which the e92 M3 also shared)...there is your "m3 specific front end" you are talking about.

The kidney grills are also different - again the shape from the coupe (again, the same as the last generation of cars). Whats also different is that the M3 has double slatted grills vs the non M version of the 3er.

The hood has a powerdome but is also based off the coupe. The fenders are different.

Basically the front clip of the F80 M3 is based off the F32, NOT the F30 - again, exactly the same as the e9x generation.

Its hard to tell because the F30 in this thread is in black, but you need to pay attention to the details a little more (as a car guy)

Look at the side profile of the 335....the headlamps angles upward quite steeply vs the rounded edges of the m3. Look at the grill, on the m3 it curves to the a point on the top outter edges whereas in the 335 its more squared off. Its a sedan with the coupe front end....same frankenstein concept with the bullish sedan stance!!!!
Did not notice this detail!
They are so similar... i had to really look hard but you're right.
Turns out you are more "detail-oriented" than me then

But i must say, if one really has to look that hard to notice the details on the edges then still, the F80 & F30 bear a stronger resemblance (not a bad thing) than the previous E90 front ends, which were more noticeably different.

Interesting observations. I find that pretty cool that they stuck with that frankenstein concept.
Attached Images

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0