View Single Post
      05-14-2014, 01:03 PM   #30
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Wow, just wow. Never have owned a Mercedes and never will. This really puts things in perspective. I think you said it best that BMW gives you the most bang for your buck. I really enjoy the Free 50,000 mile maintenance you get with BMW's and factor that into the price of the car for me. I can't wait for you to get your new M4, sounds like it's been a long time coming. Almost there dude!
Thank you for the kind words!

BMW charges us for these "free services" but in the end they off set the price of the car to accommodate these charges. who wants to pay a few grand for performance pads every 7k mi? then you end up granny breaking to stretch a couple more months out of the pads.. with BMW you don't have to worry about that and can really break..

Mercedes has been around too long for their own good and they are very tricky company. IMO they false advertise a lot and bolster a lot that is all black and white. "multi clutch" "6.3L" when there is no "Multi Clutch and you get a 6.2L etc..

3k for a slip diff with benz when BMW gives it away standard.

Mercedes defiantly knows how to make the maximum profit they can from their customers. Benz used to give included services similar to BMW but stopped that a few years ago.

I really think some people just like the name "Benz" and how it makes them feel more over the actual performance when it comes to AMG VS M...

AMG has a long way to go IMO. AMG standard option even upgraded options have wood trim.. 2,800 for CF trim.. I am shocked that benz would even make wood an option in a AMG "Sport car" nothing makes you feel more like an old man or feeling like you're driving a luxury car then wood trim. Nothing race inspired by it at all. They should offer black trim, silver trim, or CF trim and that's it.

New re-designed C Class is due out this summer, AMG version a year to follow. Rumor has it that it will have a V-6 turbo, dual clutch etc.. But even then after they update all their out of date crap, I still wouldn't want to pay more for something I can get for less and IMO done better by M

Last edited by dondula; 05-14-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0