View Single Post
      08-11-2017, 02:21 PM   #49
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Like I say, volume. Regulatory conditions often specify an average over all units, so typically you can get away with some outliers. Naturally they will attack and optimize the volume seller first. Now, as I've already alluded to, sure, this also plays conveniently into the marketing of the CS. Conspiracy? Nah, but of course the automakers are shrewd and no how to game the system to their advantage. I blame the politicians for these loopholes, because I always blame the easy target.
I won't belabor the point so possibly last thought on it. I totally get what you are saying, but it seems odd that the CS wouldn't fall under the regulations. If they make a limited number of a cars can they not include airbags, cats, pedestrian crash rated hoods etc etc and other stuff to make a true track star, but street legal car? As stringent as Germany is about their regulations, I can't see the CS that will be built in the thousands getting an exemption. It isn't that small of a run. Sounds very very fishy that's all. But it also seems like a weird place and time to cut costs as well. So who the hell knows.
Appreciate 1
WWM3968.00