View Single Post
      06-02-2014, 09:47 AM   #20
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Yes. Although DSC is set to off, the system is still active, this is how the active differential gets data fed to it.

Not sure if you are correct about only the differential being used during LC - you may very well be, I just don't know enough about it to take your word on it - but even if so, that still means DSC is in the mix so what I said in the post you quoted still holds.
DSC is not engaged and does not do it's job to apply brake and cut the engine, but provides data from sensor to Active M differential to change the distribution rate between rear wheels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Now, it does bring up an interesting question. That is, even without LC, if I launch the car with DSC off does the differential still use sensor data at that point? My understanding would be that it does not and instead is just operating passively in this case. But I could be wrong. And if I am then you're right in that my earlier post would be misleading and should be revised.
You are correct! no data at all in this case and if you floor the gas from standstill the car accelerate like an unstable missile and squirm...Since the car wants to go all around, you will easily lose the control if you are not prepared ... I already tested it's scary... if you want to test it, just make sure to test it in a wide area
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0