06-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #9
tdizzle
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
I dont understand why the auto transmission guys dont get this about people that like to drive manuals.
I don't think anyone is suffering from a lack of understanding that some people just prefer a manual/think it's more fun. It's not rocket science that people will have different preferences.

The response you quoted above was me pointing out the data I saw regarding DCT and also pointing out that the same person that pulled the DCT data stated his opinion that the manual won't operate like the DCT unfortunately for those that choose the manual.

I'd also propose that this being a forum populated by enthusiasts, that most of us consider the manual the more 'fun' to drive. Most would still opt for the DCT as it gives some of the fun of the manual while being the superior performing transmission (it is a performance car afterall).

If it was a choice between a great manual and a normal auto then we'd probably see the numbers shift a bit towards the manual than they are currently but as we have it the DCT is one of the best in the world and is hard for many to pass up. It is still a lot of fun to drive even if you dont have that third pedal.

My personal take is, I think manuals are an absolute blast to drive. But for a daily driver? It's a no brainier to chose the DCT for a number of reasons because it's just so good.
Appreciate 0