mikerunt
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [9.72]
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
A few more pics of what I have been working on. Water meth controller is installed and all plumbing is complete. Ended up getting the Do88 j pipe with dual bungs. Running a #6 nozzle on one side and the boost sensor on the other. The Do88 stuff has turned out to be really nice. It is cast and very solid. I was originally going to use a Evolution Raceworks J pipe but with only one port decided to ditch it.

Turbo is in with all water and oil lines in. Charge pipes are wrapped and in.

Currently working on routing the 4 inch front mount intake. This thing is huge and tough to work into place. You can see everything on this kit is super tight tolerance with almost no room to spare. To fit the intake have to grind down some of the pinch welds to make room for the pipes. Will grind them down a a bit more then reweld and touch up with some seam sealer.

was hoping to have the first start this past weekend but spent too much time chasing error codes. Ended up being one connector on the DME wasnt pushed in the entire way.

Will probably reclock the wastegate as well so the connection is on the bottom. Even with the 2000 degree heat wrap I would have more clearance for the intake with it clocked another 90 degrees. I already set the wastegate adjustments in ISTA. With this kit it is super easy to reach with the downpipe out.

Also coded EU5 injectors via ISTA.

More fitting of the intake needed and then first start coming soon.

Tuning by Chirs at Motiv Motorsports is loaded and ready to start. [...]

Type / brand of thermal wrap being used?
Appreciate 0