11-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #19
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONE-77 View Post
Darn it. I guess I'm new to the M3 and never considered it before. Well that sucks in a way. So does that mean even the E92 will be hard to order as new?
The E92 and E93 are still in production, which is why they ARE still on BMW's website.

As for your general question, you're asking us to compare cars that don't even exist yet, so I'm not sure how you're expecting valuable information to come of it. If you're just asking in general whether you should get a coupe or sedan, it sounds like you already know the factors to consider, so again I don't see the point of the question. I agree that if family is a concern, a sedan has its merits because it's definitely irritating to hop out of the front seat just to let someone else into or out of the back all the time. I bought the coupe because I preferred its styling and seldom have people in the back, but if I had kids I probably would have gone the other way.

At the end of the day, wait until they come out then ideally wait another year or two afterward so the bugs get ironed out, have an honest conversation with your wife, and go with whatever the two of you decide on together. If you want the coupe, try to pitch it to her as "your" DD and weekend car if she has a more practical car that can be used for family stuff. But remember, whichever you get, it's still an M3, so if she's already onboard with the idea of you getting an M3, you've already won 90% of the battle.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)
Appreciate 0