You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falafel Combo View Post
Right here. I said when it was unpopular. I complained about my e92 M3 manual to anyone that would listen! Rubbery shifts, long throws, imprecise gates and just not suitable for such a big engine IMO. Of course, being an internet car forum, folks here said I was trolling. Yeah, ok.

For that matter, I was displeased with the whole car. It felt heavy, poor torque , poor tank range and in the manual tramission, not nearly as fast as the DCT. The e90/92 is much better suited with the DCT. You really have to rev the heck out of it to ring out the power. Not a great daily driver by most definitions. I sold it after 6 short months.

I will caution you however that almost all BMW MT's which I have owned (and there have been many of them), grind in second gear. They feel great at first, which is perhaps why owners here are reporting the "night and day" differences. But given enough miles, they start grinding again. If I recall correctly, this problem can be rectified by deleting the clutch delay valve. Easy $20 mod. Not sure if this is applicable to the f80, as I heard it is a bit more complex.

I hate that grind. You just cant shift fast into 2nd with the E9X 6MT M3's. I was hoping that would have been fixed this time around. Sounds like its not?