captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by carholic View Post
So much better than letting a robot drive your car. I would get an automatic or DCT or PDK if I were racing and need to shave a second or two off a lap, or if I am drag racing with someone from light to light for money, but otherwise I will take a manual any day. More fun and you can control the speed of engagement and disengagement of the clutch with your left foot. Can't do that with any DCT or PDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3ymomo View Post
^ Joe states it nicely here. But would like to add that while the DCT will be superior and provide more consistent performance. Nothing is as rewarding as getting a nice lap time or 1/4 mile time knowing that you pulled that off yourself.

The fun for me is in the challenge.

If I drove a DCT it would feel more like "look at what the car did" instead of "look at what I did. .
I debated the MT vs the DCT. I decided on the DCT because I wanted a robot car that drives itself. I get 50 track days per year with the Lime Rock Drivers Club and now that I have a DCT I can just sit in the passenger seat and do hot laps while the car drives itself around the track. Or if I am busy and can't make a track day I can just send the car to the track by itself.

CA

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 1