SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4recruiter View Post
Used this on my ED trip and found it valuable. On daily drives it is a personal choice. As mentioned it is helpful in unfamiliar surroundings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
If you are doing ED this option is very useful. It's a stand alone option at $350 for Canadians, and if I never use it again after my ED trip it would have been worth it.
I also found this extremely useful on my ED trip. In Europe, speeds change constantly and if there's a speed limit sign, even a temporary sign in a construction zone, the camera saw it. This would be similar to driving in an unfamiliar area in the US. You can see your speed right next to the speed limit, really hard to miss. I got a lot of experience using it in a very short amount of time, as we drove almost 3,000 miles in 15 days with my wife driving roughly have the time. It worked perfectly in multiple countries, namely Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and Belgium.

My ED trip was done with another M4, two M3s, and a bunch of M2s. The M2s don't have HUD. If you get the Executive Package this includes Speed Limit Info, but it's only shown in the instrument cluster display, not something that you're usually looking at while you're driving, and it apparently automatically converted it from kph to mph, not exactly helpful to compare to your speed. Both M4s and one M3 had the HUD and Speed Limit Display options. Most of the M2 drivers got tickets in Austria, and/or Stuttgart. None of the M3s/M4s got tickets.

Appreciate 0