Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornrider View Post
I get that the new F8X is good but its essentially from folks who have bought the car and will be paying for it over the next couple of years.

I get the feeling that these reviews are a way to justify your purchases.

...and this is exactly what I was hoping to avoid.

Anyway, a few points:

(1) It should be obvious that most reviews will be done by people who purchased the car - and those will be the substantive ones. People who purchased the car are the ones with the most seat time. Otherwise, all we get are some "I drove it for 15 minutes, here are my test drive comments" reviews (and there are plenty of those too). But they won't be as detailed and, thus, get much less attention.

(2) There are two ways to react to positive reviews. One, they review it well because they want to justify their purchase. Two, they review it well because it is a good car.

Now I am a professional cynic and skeptic, so I get trending to option one, but having read likely every single professional review (in addition to those on this forum) I think it is safe to say that it is a really good car.

Whether it is the best ever is not something that can be objectively measured or that will be decided by people on this forum, but there surely cannot be anyone out there who doesn't say this is a great performance car.
Appreciate 0