07-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #62
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLoven View Post
I hope the final design utilizes the power dome hood. That is one thing that was so appealing to me about the current generation.
The power dome in the E9XM cars was functional. The engine in the F8X cars clearly fits under the bonnet without a dome, so it's highly unlikely that BMW will add a cosmetic power dome after the fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Silva View Post
And the M4 rumours are back. Once again.
Did they ever go away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
And I think the F30 chassis will see LCI for MY2016. So all you folks that get an F80/F82 in the first 1-2 model years, don't be getting all mad when it changes shortly after!
The F30/31/35 and F32/33 won't get their LCIs at the same time. If the launch of the sedan and coupe are staggered by 18 months, then so will their refreshes. The only question will be whether or not the F36 Gran Coupe gets its own LCI or if it will be tied with the F32/33 refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardg View Post
I will say I think the F30 m3 has a nicer stance. As I said earlier in this thread the M4 looks a good bit narrower than the sedan. It's also probably longer. The sedan is going to look more chunky and square which gives it that aggressive stance. The final M4 and M3 I am sure will look great either way. I do hope I see a 2 series sometime soon. I would love to get an idea of what an M2 might look like.
For what it's worth, the E90M and E92M share the same differences in proportion that you mention above, so I wouldn't be surprised if that carries over to the F80 and F82.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0