View Single Post
      03-23-2017, 10:08 PM   #14
snareman
Leave the gun. Take the Canoli.
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M8 & X3 ///M40

I voted for the 2 day course. I did a combo PCD/2 day M school on October with perfect weather in the 70s. I had never done any track driving before so it was quite the experience. After M school I realized how much PCD is such a small taste of the experience there. Barely an appetizer.

My stomach was admittedly not fond of the hard braking into sharp turns, and more so doing it for long periods of time. Some of the longer lapping sessions were over 20min and there were times where I was wondering when it was going to end (for my stomach's sake). The driving is an absolute blast though. It's all "challenge by choice" as they say. Drive to whatever level you're comfortable with.

Some of the highlights of the second day are that the get the entire class lapping THE ENTIRE outer track the same time, from that large sweeping 70mph curve on the left over and down the hill into that autocross section on the right, and doing it cycling through all 3 cars (M2, 3, 4). I forget which day you get a lot of time attempting to drift around the skid pad (which most of us sucked at), but I want to think it was the second day? I could be wrong

The class is DARN expensive. I tried not to think about the fact that I was spending $2k/day. I paid full price - a 15% BMWCCA discount. I would do it again, although I'd dose myself with Zofran both in the morning before starting and then again at lunch.

The swag is nice. I've worn the jacket a bunch. The kinda thin white golf shirt not at much other than the last day there when I was somehow running out of clean clothes. I think they used to give helmets which I'm kind of glad they stopped as I wouldn't have anything to do with it and they don't have you wear them while driving anymore. I never felt even remotely unsafe during the any of the 3 days. As they pointed out - the roads are where its dangerous. It's all safe here with big wide tracks and grass off the edges.

Anyway, that was a lot of rambling, but I'd do the 2 day course again as I'd feel like I was leaving early and not getting the full experience just doing the 1 day.
Attached Images

Last edited by snareman; 03-23-2017 at 10:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
jmg18774.50