08-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #18
///M Dream
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Thank you everyone for the great comments

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoneystatus View Post
Wow amazing trip. I'm currently starting to plan for the same next year. Might have to get some specifics on hotels, etc. if you don't mind.

Regardless, congrats on the trip and the car! Now the wait begins to get it back on US soil!

Also, thanks for the dealer information. I went to ASU so I have no problem picking up in Scottsdale, visiting friends, and making the short road trip to San Diego if the service and the price is right!
Sure thing as your trip gets closer shoot me a PM and id be more than happy to give you some tips on where to stay in certain places. And not a problem at all give them a call and see if theres anything they can help you out with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
That's just awesome and just what I needed. I've been trying to get the wife excited about this so I made her look at all the pictures. She's fully on board now with the ED trip and excited as much as I am.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do that and congrats !!!
Haha glad i could help man :thump:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSpy View Post
Dude your trip is a dream trip for me. Unfortunately I won't be buying another M car for years, so I won't likely be able to do this anytime soon. Then again, maybe I can trade in our Touareg for an X5 and do it? Hmmmm... there's an idea!!
Ive been thinking of ways to do ED again and i just got back. Its truly a great experience. Plus with X5 you can get even better ED pricing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOcastillo View Post
Thank you for sharing a wonderful experience
This has motivated me to do this sometime next year, although not for a month but it will be a great experience...
What tips do you recommend while in Italy?
Depends on what you would like to see. Italy is so vast and different from the northern end to the southern. What i would recommend to anybody is seeing Lake Como, the region is magnificent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M ARMY View Post
That really looks like an amazing trip. Seems like you had fun. I went to Rome a few years back and didn't like it as much as Munich. Overall great write up
Thank you, and i agree with you. Out of the places that left the best impression on me it was Munich. City is so clean and organized it makes you feel right at home. Rome i had never seen so was nice to get out and see all the ruins and monuments.