View Single Post
      08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #162
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX78703 View Post
given how good the f80 looks, i wonder what the M4GC (or really any 4gc for that matter) is actually bringing to the table??

Given how different the 6er is compared to the 5er, i can see some distinction with the 6GC. But the 4er is really a 3er coupe, so i'm just not seeing a whole lot of distinction...
The GC will obviously look sleeker, lower with more flowing and attractive exterior lines in the rear half. I owned an F10 and just drove the 6 GC at the UD event and the experience from the driver seat is quite radically different. The significantly more sloping window and the interior works to create a more intimate and sporty feel and the hood also disappears quicker giving you less of a feel that you are at the helm of Titanic. I definately prefer the GC feel behind the wheel over the F10. The GC was also tuned to act slightly more sporty but it's still no where near the E60 ( the GC's steering is garbage ) and for my tastes pretty uninteresting as a package.

I've driven the M5 and M6 ( not the 6 GC ) and perceived the difference to be less noticeable in terms of tuning as IMO it should be. No M car should be held back but be as good as BMW know to build them within the parameters of cost. I really hope the M3 will only take a back seat to the M4 and M4GC in terms of aesthetics and NOT driving dynamics and performance since that would really, really suck.

Last edited by solstice; 08-28-2013 at 05:26 PM..
Appreciate 0