Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

11-21-2022, 06:52 PM   #1
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Windshield Wiper Tank Removal

I think I have the clogged tank issue so I'm trying to drop it to check. I've got everything off including the 10mm at the top and the DIYs seem to say "slide the tank out" or something along the lines of "twist it slightly clockwise out". However it's not moving as easily as I'd have expected.

The issue appears to be the plastic piece in the picture. It's hooked into a piece of metal. I tried pushing it backwards to release but no luck (yet). For those who have removed the tank, what's the trick? TIA
Attached Images

11-21-2022, 09:22 PM   #2
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
I think I have the clogged tank issue so I'm trying to drop it to check. I've got everything off including the 10mm at the top and the DIYs seem to say "slide the tank out" or something along the lines of "twist it slightly clockwise out". However it's not moving as easily as I'd have expected.

The issue appears to be the plastic piece in the picture. It's hooked into a piece of metal. I tried pushing it backwards to release but no luck (yet). For those who have removed the tank, what's the trick? TIA
if anyone makes it here, the issue was the filler neck. once i took that off it rotated out easy breezy.
      05-14-2024, 07:16 AM   #3
Dan6416
Registered
Rep
Drives: Sakhir Orange M3 Competition

Thank you I think I got the same thing and trying to do it in the next couple of days did you find there was a build up?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2024, 08:28 AM   #4
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=Dan6416;31151337]Thank you I think I got the same thing and trying to do it in the next couple of days did you find there was a build up?

there was no build up. the motor was totally corroded and just quit.
      05-14-2024, 09:41 PM   #5
c13v31and
Rep

[QUOTE=derpimpkar;31151486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan6416 View Post
Thank you I think I got the same thing and trying to do it in the next couple of days did you find there was a build up?

there was no build up. the motor was totally corroded and just quit.
I just got the ‘washer fluid low’ error despite filling up, so I’m going to take a look at the tank this weekend. Did a new motor fix the issue? And how much did it cost if you remember?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2024, 05:47 PM   #6
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by c13v31and View Post
I just got the ‘washer fluid low’ error despite filling up, so I’m going to take a look at the tank this weekend. Did a new motor fix the issue? And how much did it cost if you remember?
a new motor did fix the issue. i don't remember how much it was, i think i just bought one from an oem parts site. i don't remember it being anything shocking.