Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs)

09-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Maintenance ceramic coat 22ple

Recently had my car coated with 22ple. Came out great. 22ple recommends their final coat vs1 for maintenance and as a quick detailer but costs 50$ without shipping for a 250ml bottle and I have read it can be finicky and hard to buff out if you use too much but as a QD I feel you would use a lot of it versus a refresher where I would spritz a clean MF towel and wipe then buff . As a QD a 250ml bottle will be empty quick

Anyone have any suggestions for a good QD for coated vehicles. I just finished a bottle of mequires and now that the car is coated it streaks like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #2
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

For a QD, try meguiars Quick detailer, around 20 for a gallon.

As a coating topper, I like Gtechnique LCv3

Of course, there is always MODESTA m2 blast, but its 35 for 8oz. To be used once a month, or every 6 weeks, not every time you wash the car. You CAN use it weekly, its just going to get expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 06:10 AM   #3
Bruce_SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Truck

I would look into a quick detailer made for coatings. As Eric stated, you can Gtechniq Liquid Crystal, you can use it as much as you would like, not going to hurt the coating. You can also use the Gtechniq QD (Quick Detailer). Shine Supply also offers a QD for coated vehicles.

Bruce
Appreciate 1
Bobh5952.00
      09-16-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
chetman7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 m3

Thanks for the info. I will look into these. I had a buddy bring me a leftover bottle he had of pinnacle black label coat detailer that he says is great for coated vehicles so I will give that a try since it's free lol.. we'll see how well it works
Appreciate 0