BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
Jalva025dmd
Private
4

 
Drives: Future 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

2014 F80 M3 European Delivery

How long after M3 officially goes on sale in the US are you able to set up for European Delivery? I am planning on purchasing the F80 M3 and just wanted to see if i would be able to do European Delivery around May 2014 assuming you will be eligible to order it around Feb 2014
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
6500

 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 16,624
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva025dmd View Post
How long after M3 officially goes on sale in the US are you able to set up for European Delivery? I am planning on purchasing the F80 M3 and just wanted to see if i would be able to do European Delivery around May 2014 assuming you will be eligible to order it around Feb 2014
The earliest date possible for european delivery on the F80 M3 is June 2014 (that's at the earliest possible date, but may be even later).
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #3
valeram
Major
14

 
Drives: E92 M3 DCT
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, OH


Posts: 1,345
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva025dmd View Post
How long after M3 officially goes on sale in the US are you able to set up for European Delivery? I am planning on purchasing the F80 M3 and just wanted to see if i would be able to do European Delivery around May 2014 assuming you will be eligible to order it around Feb 2014
I think it is possible to do an ED as long as you can get an allocation. But one thing to remember is the ED discount. I was able to do an ED with my E92M3 early but there was no ED discount that came with it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
302

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,207
iTrader: (0)

I have many PMs regarding availability.

The (projected) launch cycles I have is the car will be available for European customers in late 2013 With Asia (China,Singapore etc) in January 2014 with the UK, US being within the 1st/2nd qtr of 2014
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 03:35 PM   #5
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
591

 
southlight's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany


Posts: 6,748
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I have many PMs regarding availability.

The (projected) launch cycles I have is the car will be available for European customers in late 2013 With Asia (China,Singapore etc) in January 2014 with the UK, US being within the 1st/2nd qtr of 2014
No, there will be no F80 M3 deliveries anywhere in 2013. As things look now there'll be a global launch in Spring 2014. As Jason mentioned, European Deliveries begin at a later date, though.


Best regards,
south
__________________
Those forums...WHY NOT?


JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #6
Jason
Administrator
United_States
6500

 
Jason's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA


Posts: 16,624
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No, there will be no F80 M3 deliveries anywhere in 2013. As things look now there'll be a global launch in Spring 2014. As Jason mentioned, European Deliveries begin at a later date, though.
This man speaks the truth. It's good and substantiated info.
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Kuwen
Private First Class
1

 
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada


Posts: 143
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
The earliest date possible for european delivery on the F80 M3 is June 2014 (that's at the earliest possible date, but may be even later).
Is this to say I could have my hands on a car sooner if I picked it up from a dealer's lot rather than a ED?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:15 AM   #8
hwelvaar
Major
Belgium
24

 
Drives: BMW M135i MT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Belgium


Posts: 1,071
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No, there will be no F80 M3 deliveries anywhere in 2013. As things look now there'll be a global launch in Spring 2014.
If the new M3 is still that far from launch, BMW better take their time to fine-tune the package, or even better: shave off more weight.
No excuse saying that CFRP technology was too late available for being implemented in this generation M3.

Just having the F80 M3 sitting "in the garage" and waiting until BMW marketing defines the best launch date, is such a pitty.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:43 AM   #9
Tony007
Private
1

 
Tony007's Avatar
 
Drives: F82 M4, 14 Jeep SRT
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Leesburg FL


Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No, there will be no F80 M3 deliveries anywhere in 2013. As things look now there'll be a global launch in Spring 2014. As Jason mentioned, European Deliveries begin at a later date, though.
That really sux!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #10
SCOTT26
Brigadier General
302

 
SCOTT26's Avatar
 
Drives: Frozen Dark Silver 30 Jahre
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: WORLDWIDE


Posts: 3,207
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
No, there will be no F80 M3 deliveries anywhere in 2013. As things look now there'll be a global launch in Spring 2014. As Jason mentioned, European Deliveries begin at a later date, though.


Best regards,
south
I was at a 2013 product meeting the other week and they announced that they hoped to get German drivers behind the wheel of the new M3 before the end of 2013 After the Frankfurt debut.
__________________
Electrified
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #11
tjw5687
Registered
0

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi coupe
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ontario, CA


Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

It will be a M4 instead of M3
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 01:50 PM   #12
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
177

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw5687 View Post
It will be a M4 instead of M3
No, this is incorrect.

There will be both an M3 and M4 this time around due to the separation of the 4 door and 2 door (excl GC) F3x models into the 3 series and 4 series respectively.

This is exactly the same as we have both an M5 and M6 that derive from the 5 and 6 series.

The M3 will launch first, in mid 2014 (US), while the M4 is expected to follow up sometime in 2015 (US).
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #13
Reedomn
Captain
United_States
20

 
Reedomn's Avatar
 
Drives: 1M
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis


Posts: 939
iTrader: (15)

This whole M3 M4 thing is confusing and unnecessary.....I would love to be a part of the marketing meetings and just sit there and say "what", you propose that the M3 will have 4 doors and the M4 will have 2 ???"...It really is too bad because of how iconic the M3 was.....my first BMW was a e30 M3........but I get it, things change...And I am sure it will be a great car regardless..............
__________________
VO 1M
Sold- 2008 JZB/Fox E90 M3 6MT Launch car
Sold- 2004 Audi S4..Sold- 1997 Estoril e36 M3
Sold -1991 Black e34 M5..Sold-1995 Black e36 M3
Sadly Sold- Henna Red e30 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:50 PM   #14
Wraith.
Captain
15

 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle


Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

The lease on my Z4is comes to an end next Sept. ('13). My wife and I had planned doing another ED at that time to pick up an F30 and have already booked our hotels for Oktoberfest, Italy and France. Additionally, to guarantee our delivery slot @ Welt I'll need to order in 3 months. However, I'm really tempted to postpone to Sept '14 if I knew for certain we could ED the F80 at that time.

I've looked high and low over the last couple of weeks and can't find anything definitive on the ED timeline. How has this worked in the past? Will we get a solid date after the Frankfurt show?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #15
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
The lease on my Z4is comes to an end next Sept. ('13). My wife and I had planned doing another ED at that time to pick up an F30 and have already booked our hotels for Oktoberfest, Italy and France. Additionally, to guarantee our delivery slot @ Welt I'll need to order in 3 months. However, I'm really tempted to postpone to Sept '14 if I knew for certain we could ED the F80 at that time.

I've looked high and low over the last couple of weeks and can't find anything definitive on the ED timeline. How has this worked in the past? Will we get a solid date after the Frankfurt show?
There is no way you'll be able to ED an F80 for Oktoberfest '13. No way at all.

For Sept '14, no problem. We might get a date at the Frankfurt show, something like "Fall 2013 for Europe", just like we did with the F10 M5. That means late spring delivery for US customers, maybe even summer '14.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #16
Wraith.
Captain
15

 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle


Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

Yes, i realize there is no F80 for next summer.., that's why we planned on the F30. Everything I've read does indicate that we should have it stateside the summer of '14 but many have said that ED is not available until sometime after that.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 06:54 AM   #17
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
177

 
Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI


Posts: 13,783
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Yes, i realize there is no F80 for next summer.., that's why we planned on the F30. Everything I've read does indicate that we should have it stateside the summer of '14 but many have said that ED is not available until sometime after that.
At this point, we are talking about a release schedule that is still too far off for there to be any firmly nailed down dates.

However, we may be able to use the recent M5 launch and subsequent ED deliveries as a rough guide for now. Recall that the first M5 hit the US in late August:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735446

While the ED's started September 1st with this US Spec M5 "European Release Party":

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767928

So there was very little delay as far as the first US vs. European deliveries.

Given that the M3 is expected to hit the US by late spring 2014, I think you are more than likely safe to book Octoberfest 2014 ED trip plans now. Of course, you may nevertheless want to hold off a bit longer if there is no particular rush.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #18
Wraith.
Captain
15

 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle


Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
At this point, we are talking about a release schedule that is still too far off for there to be any firmly nailed down dates.

However, we may be able to use the recent M5 launch and subsequent ED deliveries as a rough guide for now. Recall that the first M5 hit the US in late August:

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735446

While the ED's started September 1st with this US Spec M5 "European Release Party":

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=767928

So there was very little delay as far as the first US vs. European deliveries.

Given that the M3 is expected to hit the US by late spring 2014, I think you are more than likely safe to book Octoberfest 2014 ED trip plans now. Of course, you may nevertheless want to hold off a bit longer if there is no particular rush.
Thank you that sounds promising. The major obstacle for me is convincing the wife to delay a year. For her it's less about the car and more about the Euro trip.

I also need to find someone that not only specializes in ED but can secure a delivery slot for a car that I assume will be in high demand.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #19
Jalva025dmd
Private
4

 
Drives: Future 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Going by the M5 production date for US which was July 2012, European Delivery going by Bimmerpost was 1st of september. Knowing that the release for F80 M3 is Spring i would assume that around May-June
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
Wraith.
Captain
15

 
Wraith.'s Avatar
 
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle


Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

BTW, I got the green light... it's going to be a long wait.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 07:34 PM   #21
SamS
Brigadier General
61

 
SamS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX


Posts: 4,551
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalva025dmd View Post
Going by the M5 production date for US which was July 2012, European Delivery going by Bimmerpost was 1st of september. Knowing that the release for F80 M3 is Spring i would assume that around May-June
You mean spring 2014. There's no F80 available in 3-4 months.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 08:38 PM   #22
Jalva025dmd
Private
4

 
Drives: Future 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Philadelphia


Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Yes May 2014. I went by production date of M5 US SPEC which was July 2012 and first European delivery was September 2012. Meaning if the f80 m3 car goes into production March 2014 should be ready may June 2014
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 european delivery, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 euro delivery, 2015 bmw m4 european delivery, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 european delivery, 2015 m3 price, 2015 m3 pricing, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 euro delivery, 2015 m4 european delivery, 2015 m4 price, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 european delivery, euro delivery 2015 bmw m4, euro delivery m4, european delivery 2015 m3, european delivery 2015 m4, european delivery bmw m4, european delivery f80 m3, f80 m3 euro delivery, f80 m3 european delivery, f82 m4 euro delivery, f82 m4 european delivery, m3 f80 euro delivery, m3 f80 european delivery, m4 f82 euro delivery, m4 f82 european delivery

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST