BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #23
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
 
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL

Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
So BMW loves M badging so much they are putting it in the kidney grill too?
__________________
Stop putting stuff like painted reflectors and premium package in your signature. You're embarrassing.
TK-421 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #24
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,194
iTrader: (0)

m6 has that badge too i believe. I would like to see the double slat grill too.

render looks good but you can tell its just mirrored. and RHD?
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #25
RON1X
Colonel
 
RON1X's Avatar
 
Drives: 997.2 C2, '13 Audi Allroad
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Nashville, TN

Posts: 2,488
iTrader: (8)

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [4.50]
all of the new Ms are featuring the kidney grille badge. I wasn't a fan at first, but it is kinda growing on me.
The renders look decent, but I highly doubt they are that accurate. However, I think the overall feel is there.
I can't wait to see what it really does look like!
RON1X is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:10 PM   #26
cipher5
 
cipher5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535xi Sedan
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago, IL

Posts: 2,796
iTrader: (10)

Nice 335i
cipher5 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #27
Levi
Brigadier General
 
Levi's Avatar
 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague

Posts: 3,292
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATS View Post
Even though I'm a big fan (and subscriber) of CAR Magazine, their renders are usually pretty off the mark.

As an example, below you will see their render of the Ferrari 458. I also added the real one below for comparison:



Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
So BMW loves M badging so much they are putting it in the kidney grill too?
The more M badges, the more M car you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
They had an M badge in front because they did not have it on the side. When first M3 E36 had it first time on the sides it did not have it in front. Now they are going to put them back, side and also front, because Audi has in front.
One day having a BMW without M badge will be condidered a "special edition".

Quote:
Originally Posted by formula M View Post
lol... the M3 will not have cf roof, only M4, M2 & M6.
Not sure about M2, but it would really be nice, especially since the WRX STI and the GT86/BRZ (JDM) have CF roof.

Last edited by Levi; 01-22-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Levi is offline   Czech_Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #28
i001947
Captain
 
i001947's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

Posts: 676
iTrader: (0)

Not a 2014 M3 Fan

The sole reaon why I purchased my 2013 M3 instead a 2014 M3 was because of the 2013 N/A engine. To hear it ,feel it is just magic. And in my opinion respresents the last of BMW ultimate driving machines. I plan on keeping my 2013 M3 for the rest of my life.

Enough said!


Last edited by i001947; 02-07-2013 at 09:11 AM.
i001947 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
aajami
Brigadier General
 
aajami's Avatar
 
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA

Posts: 4,022
iTrader: (4)

They should change their name to "Far" Magazine, because that's how much they're stretching.
__________________
'09 E92 M3: Space Gray, Black, Carbon Leather | ZTP 2MK ZPP 2MT 6FL | link 1 / link 2
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | 240J ECU flash | LCI Euro taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
aajami is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:37 PM   #30
Cl0ud7
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2009 M3 / 2013 X3 2.8i
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Catasauqua, PA

Posts: 188
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Not sure about M2, but it would really be nice, especially since the WRX STI and the GT86/BRZ (JDM) have CF roof.

Say What?? Since when do STI and FRS/BRZ have CF roofs..And if they do then my friends with their MY12 STI are getting jipped....
__________________
2014 - AW, BMW X1 2.8i
2013 - AW, BMW X3 2.8i
2009 - LmB, BMW M3 (Sold)
Cl0ud7 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #31
Ivan Ho
Captain Fantastic
 
Ivan Ho's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E46 330ci
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissfrancs View Post
I don't think they will use the same mirrors again
I am 100% for sure about this too. BMW won't use the same old mirrors on current m3 as on the render.
Ivan Ho is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
Ivan Ho
Captain Fantastic
 
Ivan Ho's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E46 330ci
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947 View Post
The sole reaon why I purchased my 2013 M3 instead a 2014 M3 was because of the 2013 N/A engine. To hear it ,feel it is just magic. And in my opinion respresents the last of BMW ultimate driving machines. I plan on keeping my 2013 M3 for the rest of my life.

Enough said!

I support you. IMO, just the look is already a killer. E90/92 M3 is the most beautiful 3er in the entire history of 3 Series so far. F30 let me down.

Last edited by Ivan Ho; 01-22-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Ivan Ho is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #33
Ivan Ho
Captain Fantastic
 
Ivan Ho's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW E46 330ci
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivan Ho
Quote:
Originally Posted by RON1X View Post
all of the new Ms are featuring the kidney grille badge. I wasn't a fan at first, but it is kinda growing on me.
The renders look decent, but I highly doubt they are that accurate. However, I think the overall feel is there.
I can't wait to see what it really does look like!
I don't think u need to wait. Judging from the spy photos and news along the way, the M3 sedan (not the M4 coupe) is very much like this render except the backup mirrors. Maybe the front bumper a little different. I don't need this render to "CONFIRM" it.

Last edited by Ivan Ho; 01-22-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Ivan Ho is offline   Hong Kong
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #34
SlammedR8
Brigadier General
 
SlammedR8's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Audi R8 V10 +2013 Audi S4
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto

Posts: 4,936
iTrader: (2)

Send a message via MSN to SlammedR8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mik3 View Post
lol, don't let 2013 M3 owners hear you say its the "old M3"
haha...while the new M3 is not out yet, the E9X M3 (to me, personally) already is the old M3. Its at the end of its life, it looks older then every other BMW on the market currently. These are facts....everything has been updated since 2008...think about it! The 3 series sedan, the 5 series, the 6 series, the 7 series. Everything except for the X5 and X6 (which have both since recieved facelifts as well).
__________________
SlammedR8 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #35
NAV8TT
Major
 
NAV8TT's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

Posts: 883
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947
The sole reaon why I purchased my 2013 M3 instead a 2014 M3 was because of the 2013 N/A engine. To hear it ,feel it is just magic. And in my opinion respresents the last of BMW ultimate driving machines. I plan on keeping my 2013 M3 for the rest of my life.

Enough said!

Dude you are right. I bought mine for the same reason and planning to keep it. If the new M3 looks like this render.. Im not interested.. It looks like an F30 with updated exhausts!

I am waiting for the M4 though and I hope it wont be disappointing but meanwhile I'm keeping my current E92 forever. Nothing will replace the S65 V8.
__________________
NAV8TT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #36
GOLFFRR
 
GOLFFRR's Avatar
 
Drives: Golf Cart
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Solvang, CA/Camarillo, CA

Posts: 16,345
iTrader: (4)

I like it!
__________________

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL US FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Need a quote or assistance from David? GO HERE-->http://www.bimmerdavid.com/#!blank/c1r1e
Davids current ED Special ALL M CARS--> http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1042739
GOLFFRR is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #37
gilbertfg
Turning wrenches for the USA since 2001!
 
gilbertfg's Avatar
 
Drives: W166
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: EP, TX

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to gilbertfg Send a message via Skype™ to gilbertfg
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdeerfield
m6 has that badge too i believe. I would like to see the double slat grill too.

render looks good but you can tell its just mirrored. and RHD?
Maybe the mag is based out of UK?!
__________________
(SOLD)97 Sentra, 93 Nx2000, 98 Sentra, 02 Sentra, 03 Nissan 350Z, 03 Dakota Stampede, 07 e90 328i & 335i, 09 e92 M3, 09 Caliber, Range Rover Sports, 12 Frontier, (STOLEN) 12 X5M, 12 ML350, 13 Sonic Turbo, 13 Focus SE, 14 Cruze TDI, 14 ML350 BT(Current) 04XB12R/Chop, 14 Ram 1500 CC, 14 ATS 2.0T
gilbertfg is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #38
RingMeister01
Colonel
 
RingMeister01's Avatar
 
Drives: For the love of it
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I really like it. May all the non BMW people be envious of the M.
__________________
F82 M4 Individual / F87 M2 (on the list) / E36 M3 (track) / E21 320i (S52 + Getrag 420G Swap) / RR Sport (daily)
RingMeister01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #39
BGM
Colonel
 
Drives: F21 118d M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Farnborough, UK

Posts: 2,366
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
So BMW loves M badging so much they are putting it in the kidney grill too?
yes, it's there on the new M6
BGM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #40
RingMeister01
Colonel
 
RingMeister01's Avatar
 
Drives: For the love of it
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by i001947 View Post
The sole reaon why I purchased my 2013 M3 instead a 2014 M3 was because of the 2013 N/A engine. To hear it ,feel it is just magic. And in my opinion respresents the last of BMW ultimate driving machines. I plan on keeping my 2013 M3 for the rest of my life.

Enough said!

I just pulled the trigger on a '13 M3 for the reason, BUT I highly doubt I'll be able to fight the temptation of the new M3/4 once released. What the hell, why not have both!
RingMeister01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
steve79
Private First Class
 
Drives: VO BMW 1M; Fiat Abarth 500
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Luxembourg, 80 miles from SPA+THE NORDSCHLEIFE

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

I always read CAR on my Ipad, so i made some screenshots of the article about the new M3!




steve79 is offline   Luxembourg
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 01:55 PM   #42
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
 
Drives: 2009 e90 2011 f10
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Clifton Park, NY

Posts: 3,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilbertfg View Post
Maybe the mag is based out of UK?!
ah you are right. my bad. for some reason i was thinking car and driver mag.
__________________

2009 MBM 328| ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | CA | 6FL | NAV | XENONS | 18x8.5 VB3s ET30/25
2011 Jet Black 535i xdrive | ZPP | ZSP | ZCW | 6FL | NAV | 331s Square
wdeerfield is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:04 PM   #43
NYAWE60
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 535i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC

Posts: 380
iTrader: (0)

Any ideas on what the lease on a base M3 will be??
NYAWE60 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #44
RingMeister01
Colonel
 
RingMeister01's Avatar
 
Drives: For the love of it
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Long Island, NY

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve79 View Post
I always read CAR on my Ipad, so i made some screenshots of the article about the new M3!




Sick, thx
RingMeister01 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST