BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-27-2013, 08:13 AM   #89
mpiligrim
M-addict
mpiligrim's Avatar
Russian Federation
2
Rep
59
Posts

 
Drives: 1M VO
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Moscow

iTrader: (0)

No M-mirrors?
__________________
In wroom I trust.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:32 AM   #90
as7920
Lieutenant Colonel
as7920's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
1,772
Posts

 
Drives: AW M135i 5dr auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Just in case anyone needs reminding, this is a TEST mule.

Not everything you see is final.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #91
RickyZone
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: E46 330Ci M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Thank you Scott for the info! Really happy to hear about the mirrors being covers for the real deal.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809640

Just found these spy shots of the regular 4-series. Honestly, in those pics it looks so far from the 4-series Concept it's not even funny. My hope lies upon the new M4 now, which looks very promising. However, I'm mostly interested to find out how it drives! The 1M was absolutely amazing, whereas the new M5 has been a bit of a let down honestly (to me that is..). I hope BMW gets it right this time. The rumored weight reduction seems as if they're moving in the right direction. I just hope they offer the car with a proper manual transmission.

If the final outcome is anything close to the renders, I would love adding it to my garage in the (rather distant) future. Need to go through the E46 M3 and possibly E92 M3 first though!

Can anyone confirm whether or not the M3 Sedan Concept will be at Geneva? My airline tickets are booked for the 15th!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #92
Rich@GTBPerformance
Bimmerpost Sponsor and BMW Performance Guru
Rich@GTBPerformance's Avatar
229
Rep
4,406
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E92 JZB M3, 2000 750iL
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North New Jersey

iTrader: (20)

Sexy!
__________________
Email : rich@gtbperformance.com | Web : www.gtbperformance.com | Tel : 973 429 2839



GTB Performance is a supporting member of Bimmerpost and the BMW Car Club of America, NJ Chapter
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #93
Levi
Brigadier General
Levi's Avatar
Czech_Republic
124
Rep
3,450
Posts

 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFB02 View Post
Can't wait to see it blowing every car in its category off like the current M3 did and still doing.
The only reason the M3/M4 would "blow" every car in its category would be because of its weight advantage and its torque for the lazy driver. Otherwise the next IS-F/RC-F is shapping up to be the "M3". It's only weakness will be the weight. But it is likely to retain its NA 5.0l V8.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #94
NAV8TT
Major
NAV8TT's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
883
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ///M3 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The greatest country in the world

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyZone
Thank you Scott for the info! Really happy to hear about the mirrors being covers for the real deal.

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=809640

Just found these spy shots of the regular 4-series. Honestly, in those pics it looks so far from the 4-series Concept it's not even funny. My hope lies upon the new M4 now, which looks very promising. However, I'm mostly interested to find out how it drives! The 1M was absolutely amazing, whereas the new M5 has been a bit of a let down honestly (to me that is..). I hope BMW gets it right this time. The rumored weight reduction seems as if they're moving in the right direction. I just hope they offer the car with a proper manual transmission.

If the final outcome is anything close to the renders, I would love adding it to my garage in a couple of years. Need to go through the E46 M3 and possibly E92 M3 first though!

Can anyone confirm whether or not the M3 Sedan Concept will be at Geneva? My airline tickets are booked for the 15th!
Thanks for posting this link.

You are right, the coupe is far and away from the concept especially when you look at the size of the car compared to the wheels. The car looks huge as compared to those wheels. Not sure if they have some spy shots there with 19" wheels and lower suspension (im assuming sport suspension) coz the bigger the wheels and the lower the suspension the better this car looks and the closer it gets to concept. In retrospect, the concept coupe had amazing wheels and a very low suspension which gave it that astonishing look IMHO. However, I like the spy photos of the M4, so far it looks closer to the coupe concept than the actual regular coupe in those spy shots.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #95
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6710
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFB02 View Post
You are right, the coupe is far and away from the concept especially when you look at the size of the car compared to the wheels. The car looks huge as compared to those wheels. Not sure if they have some spy shots there with 19" wheels and lower suspension (im assuming sport suspension) coz the bigger the wheels and the lower the suspension the better this car looks and the closer it gets to concept. In retrospect, the concept coupe had amazing wheels and a very low suspension which gave it that astonishing look IMHO. However, I like the spy photos of the M4, so far it looks closer to the coupe concept than the actual regular coupe in those spy shots.

Here's a better look at the F32 in what it will look like in production form with bigger wheels, etc.

*Click on images for higher resolution*































__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #96
Blindside_137
Major General
Blindside_137's Avatar
United_States
67
Rep
5,844
Posts

 
Drives: '09 E93 Space Gray 328
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Raleigh, NC // Blacksburg, VA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven
Guys, read the thread. The interior is a render and the mirrors are covers.
Good god, for real people.
__________________
M3 Edition Grilles|Painted Reflectors|Matte Black Vinyl Window Trim|CF Performance Spoiler|35% Tint|19" Satin Black Avant Garde M359|Lux H8 V3
OEM Aero Lip|M3 Side Skirts|LCI Tails|M-tech Rear|Duke Dynamics CF Performance|Cyba 4.0 Black Chrome
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:48 AM   #97
///Matthew
Major
///Matthew's Avatar
28
Rep
1,165
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M3, 1999 M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

I'm loving that roof!
__________________

2013 Santorini Blue M3
1999 Estoril Blue M3
mfatuation.com
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #98
BMW_Boy7
First Lieutenant
BMW_Boy7's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
342
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: W.Bloomfield

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful so far so well...
__________________
DCK
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:00 AM   #99
greycrx87
First Lieutenant
greycrx87's Avatar
United_States
23
Rep
314
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 AW E92 ZCP
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

415 hp, sorry, keeping my e92 for a while.

Their target weight reduction is impossible without a hefty price increase.
__________________
Kobieta mnie bije
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #100
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6710
Rep
16,676
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWFB02 View Post
Looks nice. Side mirrors are too bulky though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbennettksu View Post
those mirrors are freaking huge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiligrim View Post
No M-mirrors?

Please read the article together with the photos, everyone.

"Production side mirrors (but still under camouflage)"
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:30 AM   #101
i001947
Captain
i001947's Avatar
12
Rep
683
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Looks real good. Very sexy!

I was still expecting more HP. Not sure about the 300 pounds weight reduction thing. That just tells me BMW will use more plastic / cardboard materials. I wouldn't mind having heavier side mirrors, dashboard and a trunk compartment for the sake of slowing top end speed. 100 MPH is fast enjoy for city / rural streets with pot holes.

But hey that's me, the little guy.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #102
Carl L
Captain
Carl L's Avatar
9
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BV335 View Post

My only gripe from the renders is that nav screen. It just looks like an "attachment" to me. Needs some housing around it like the e90/92. Am I the only one thinking this?
Agreed. The pop up looks flimsy and reminds me of my friend's C350. Not a deal breaker for me though, but I do prefer the housed navis as seen in the E90/92, E60 and current M5/6.

So long as the rest of the car is great I'll be a buyer.
__________________
-prev M-cars: E60, E92, E46, E36
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #103
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
7
Rep
501
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Power wise I'm not impressed, needs to be more than 415hp please...
__________________
[i]PTF Cobb tuned, custom intakes, VRSF dp, ETS 5" FMIC
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #104
Carl L
Captain
Carl L's Avatar
9
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
The only reason the M3/M4 would "blow" every car in its category would be because of its weight advantage and its torque for the lazy driver. Otherwise the next IS-F/RC-F is shapping up to be the "M3". It's only weakness will be the weight. But it is likely to retain its NA 5.0l V8.
Yeah, because the last IS-F was such a class leader eh?
__________________
-prev M-cars: E60, E92, E46, E36
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #105
Carl L
Captain
Carl L's Avatar
9
Rep
877
Posts

 
Drives: '15 M3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
Power wise I'm not impressed, needs to be more than 415hp please...
If it's any consolation, I don't buy these estimates. When revealed I'd wager on 440-460, but we'll see...
__________________
-prev M-cars: E60, E92, E46, E36
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #106
335twins
Lieutenant
335twins's Avatar
7
Rep
501
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 335i, 2012 x3 35i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: AZ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335twins View Post
Power wise I'm not impressed, needs to be more than 415hp please...
If it's any consolation, I don't buy these estimates. When revealed I'd wager on 440-460, but we'll see...
450hp sound more like it, lets see what happens. I know there will be alot more potential to get alot more power but it will take time as this is new platform...
__________________
[i]PTF Cobb tuned, custom intakes, VRSF dp, ETS 5" FMIC
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 11:56 AM   #107
i001947
Captain
i001947's Avatar
12
Rep
683
Posts

 
Drives: '13 E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: US

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I agree with you entirely regarding the poor integration of the NAV... I feel like they are preparing us for it being a detachable iPad of the future where you will take your cars nav with you....

I also pang for a M3 NA with latest gen NAV..... damn that concept 4
Exactly my thoughts, which is why I didn't include in my M3. Piss poor NAV / dashboard interior integration. The SUV's and 5 series looks way better. Heck, I like the Z4 flip NAV too.

Between my SUV, phone and IPad, how many more NAV do I need and that I will not use? None!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #108
Jonjt
Lieutenant
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
I agree with you entirely regarding the poor integration of the NAV... I feel like they are preparing us for it being a detachable iPad of the future where you will take your cars nav with you....

I also pang for a M3 NA with latest gen NAV..... damn that concept 4
If it menas we can update the maps and software more easily AND, years into the future (I like to keep my cars for ~10 years), I'm all for it.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #109
Levi
Brigadier General
Levi's Avatar
Czech_Republic
124
Rep
3,450
Posts

 
Drives: Alfa Romeo
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Prague

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl L View Post
Yeah, because the last IS-F was such a class leader eh?
No, because LFA, GT86, GS and new IS are new leaders in handling. And the IS-F made improved alot when you compare the initial car and the MY 2012. It is very very close to M3. And with the M5 BMW hasn't distanced itself at all from the E AMG and RS6, they rather caught up if they havn't already surpased (subjective opinion on personal preferences). If the M3 F80 will be like the M5 F10, that is NOT good. I hope it won't.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 12:57 PM   #110
Jonjt
Lieutenant
5
Rep
495
Posts

 
Drives: 09 E92 335i M-sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
No, because LFA, GT86, GS and new IS are new leaders in handling. And the IS-F made improved alot when you compare the initial car and the MY 2012.
Links to either personal impressions or reputable autojournalist tests? I'm interesting in reading something.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2013 bmw m3, 2013 bmw m4, 2013 m3, 2013 m4, 2014 bmw m3, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m3 forum, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw s55, bmw s55 engine, bmw s55 motor, bmw spy, bmw spy photo, bmw spy photos, bmw spy pic, bmw spy pics, bmw spy video, bmw spy videos, f80, f80 forum, f80 forums, f80 m3, f80 m3 engine, f80 m3 forum, f80 m3 forums, f80 m3 motor, f80 m3 s55, f80 m3 sedan, f80 m3 weight

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST