BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2017, 09:25 AM   #67
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
537
Rep
1,108
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

There is at least one M3 CS already.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:03 AM   #68
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
2325
Rep
17,001
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
There is at least one M3 CS already.
Absolutely!

In fact, I saw it in the HOV lane just the other day. The tooth fairy was driving, and the Easter Bunny was riding shot gun. Yeah, I know - who would have guessed, right? In back were mama and papa sasquatch with little baby Jesus. Cute.

I tried to snap pics, but I was thwarted by The Angel of the North who swooped down on her unicorn and stole my cell phone right out of my hand. I had to go into a T-Mobile store and tell them I needed a new phone, and the guy at the counter wearing the bright pink shirt punched me right in the face and spat on my shoe.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 10:25 AM   #69
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
537
Rep
1,108
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Absolutely!

In fact, I saw it in the HOV lane just the other day. The tooth fairy was driving, and the Easter Bunny was riding shot gun. Yeah, I know - who would have guessed, right? In back were mama and papa sasquatch with little baby Jesus. Cute.

I tried to snap pics, but I was thwarted by The Angel of the North who swooped down on her unicorn and stole my cell phone right out of my hand. I had to go into a T-Mobile store and tell them I needed a new phone, and the guy at the counter wearing the bright pink shirt punched me right in the face and spat on my shoe.
You were dreaming maybe.

What I meant to say was that there is at least one M3 CS in Garching already. You should see more of it in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 10:46 AM   #70
CanAutM3
Lieutenant General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
4491
Rep
13,396
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4 DCT
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [4.29]
2006 Audi S4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
You were dreaming maybe.

What I meant to say was that there is at least one M3 CS in Garching already. You should see more of it in the future.
How come we haven't seen a single picture of it yet ?
__________________
2015 F82 M4
Silverstone / Silverstone / DCT / EDC
MPE / CF Diffuser / CF Mirror caps / CF spoiler / GC Camber plates / Eibach springs
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:13 AM   #71
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
2325
Rep
17,001
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
How come we haven't seen a single picture of it yet ?
Moreover, why did BMW announce the M4 CS months - heck, nearly a year by the time it gets here, it would seem - ahead of its appearance on the market, while they are apparently going to announce this mythical M3 CS, what, the day before they start showing up at the dealership?

Or maybe they aren't going to announce it at all? Sure, that's it. It's a soft launch - a sneak attack. It'll come so quietly you won't even know its there until it bites you right on the neck. Because... because that's BMW's typical style, very covert with new product announcements. Shh! Don't tell anyone, but we invested a chunk of money in this new product we would like to recoup, however, this time let's not build up any hype. Let's just see if it happens organically.
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #72
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
537
Rep
1,108
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
How come we haven't seen a single picture of it yet ?
We should mostly start seeing them soon. As soon as they get the stickering work done to hide the obvious bits.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:16 AM   #73
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
2325
Rep
17,001
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
We should mostly start seeing them soon. As soon as they get the stickering work done to hide the obvious bits.
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray painted across the sides or something?
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #74
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
537
Rep
1,108
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray pained across the sides or something?
I think you are way too skeptical. Nothing I tell you will change your mind. Unfortunately, I cannot show you anything and so we'll just have to wait.

My interests lie elsewhere and I am not actively trying to get the M3 or M4. I just wanted to share this here since there was a lot of interest in the M3 CS when the M4 CS was announced.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:33 AM   #75
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
BMW M3 CRT's Avatar
132
Rep
457
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So there's no chance this car - if it's real, if it's actually coming - could simply be a special edition, last hurrah for the M3, right? It *has* to be a CS. Does it have "M3 CS" spray painted across the sides or something?
It has the M3 CS Sticker on the trunk!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #76
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
2325
Rep
17,001
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
I think you are way too skeptical.
Maybe so.

However, in my defense, part of my job here as moderator is to keep the site from being over run by nonsense claims from cyber clowns who come tell us fairy tales or drop these contrived, self-indulgent hints with nothing to back them up. Not that I am calling you a clown - cyber or otherwise. But you know the type of people/misinformation I am referring to.

Nothing about an M3 CS release makes sense given the timelines we know are left to work with. The far more likely outcome - if anything new is truly coming in the next year on the M3 front - is a limited run send-off. Now, such an offering could have the 454hp S58 tune, and it could even have the GTS hood. But, that would seem to give the M4 CS buyer a big middle finger unless they price it like an M4 CS. Even then, why subvert this new CS line of cars you are trying to build a brand name for by offering the same content in non-CS products? So yeah, nothing here really adds up.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:41 AM   #77
mkoesel
Moderator
United_States
2325
Rep
17,001
Posts

Drives: 2015 SO/CSAT F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
It has the M3 CS Sticker on the trunk!
No pics = didn't happen. Truly. Show one actual picture of the car. If not, its not real.

For those who haven't been around for the past few years, let me fill you in: certain posters come in from other forums - typically, some M forums catering to other parts of the world - with all sorts of claims about M cars, engines, trims, that never actually come to light.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2017, 11:50 AM   #78
BMW M3 CRT
Lieutenant
BMW M3 CRT's Avatar
132
Rep
457
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Maybe so.

Nothing about an M3 CS release makes sense given the timelines we know are left to work with. The far more likely outcome - if anything new is truly coming in the next year on the M3 front - is a limited run send-off. Now, such an offering could have the 454hp S58 tune, and it could even have the GTS hood. But, that would seem to give the M4 CS buyer a big middle finger unless they price it like an M4 CS. Even then, why subvert this new CS line of cars you are trying to build a brand name for by offering the same content in non-CS products? So yeah, nothing here really adds up.
The car in Garching has all this parts that make an M4 to an M4 CS incl. an special CS color ... but no OLED-Lights!
Appreciate 1
      10-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #79
666MorDeath
#BWOAH
666MorDeath's Avatar
62
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: M4 ZCP Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tarheel State

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
PS - I have no kids and yet I still chose the four door bro. And I would be interested in a CS version of the M3.
I have two kids (6 and 3) and I chose the 2 door
Cause u a smart man
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #80
Gatte
Major
Gatte's Avatar
537
Rep
1,108
Posts

Drives: anything with 4 wheels.
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Vista, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW M3 CRT View Post
The car in Garching has all this parts that make an M4 to an M4 CS incl. an special CS color ... but no OLED-Lights!
If I saw a car with M4 CS parts like the spoiler for example in a special gray, and if it had something written on it that told us what car it was, I would think it safe to assume it to be the M3 CS.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #81
666MorDeath
#BWOAH
666MorDeath's Avatar
62
Rep
149
Posts

Drives: M4 ZCP Alpine White
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Tarheel State

iTrader: (0)

Negative, M3's just aren't that important
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:34 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST