BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #23
JL1
Private First Class
27
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
b4 and b6 are oe shock replacements, so you can pair them with any spring that fits oe shocks - i personally will be re-using the oe zcp spring

b16 is a full coilover height adjustable solution

https://www.bilstein.com/en/blog/bil...bmw-m3-and-m4/
My car is a MY15 LCi F80 M3, I'm considering the B16 Damptronic kit!

I'm just a little reserved about loosing the ride quality?? Do the ZCP springs sit lower than an non ZCP spring?

I'm not sure weather to try and buy the ZCP springs and then buy the Bilstein damptronic shocks? Or weather i should just buy the B16 replacement kit ?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 10:13 AM   #24
domino_z
Captain
Australia
267
Rep
857
Posts

Drives: F-Type R, F80 CP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

The zcp springs are same height on f8x

They are also a softer spring rate than the bilstein springs would be

Another option is to match the b6 shocks with the eibach springs - you'll get a subtle drop and spring rate on those are half way bw oe stock and zcp
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 07:22 PM   #25
JL1
Private First Class
27
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
The zcp springs are same height on f8x

They are also a softer spring rate than the bilstein springs would be

Another option is to match the b6 shocks with the eibach springs - you'll get a subtle drop and spring rate on those are half way bw oe stock and zcp
Yeah I actually had eibach springs in my car that I still have. As a daily I found it to be too harsh with the lowering springs. I'm pretty anal when it comes too ride quality. Do you think there will be any advantage on buying the B6 dampers and leaving the standard springs in it? Or it's not worth it?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 11:07 PM   #26
domino_z
Captain
Australia
267
Rep
857
Posts

Drives: F-Type R, F80 CP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
Yeah I actually had eibach springs in my car that I still have. As a daily I found it to be too harsh with the lowering springs. I'm pretty anal when it comes too ride quality. Do you think there will be any advantage on buying the B6 dampers and leaving the standard springs in it? Or it's not worth it?
same here re ride quality

my plan is exactly that, just swap out the shocks and leave the standard springs (in my case zcp springs) - i'm not interested in lowering the car or slamming it, end of the day this is one of my daily drivers, so i don't want to make it any less practical

the last few cars i've had where i've been happy with the ride quality, all had oe bilstein shocks, so i'm confident a shock swap alone will result in a better ride

what i want to do is build a complete front shock + spring assembly using oe spare parts so i can just swap them in and out, will do same on rear shock assembly - this way i can easily go back to stock and will be appealing on used market as a pnp solution
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #27
JL1
Private First Class
27
Rep
192
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
same here re ride quality

my plan is exactly that, just swap out the shocks and leave the standard springs (in my case zcp springs) - i'm not interested in lowering the car or slamming it, end of the day this is one of my daily drivers, so i don't want to make it any less practical

the last few cars i've had where i've been happy with the ride quality, all had oe bilstein shocks, so i'm confident a shock swap alone will result in a better ride

what i want to do is build a complete front shock + spring assembly using oe spare parts so i can just swap them in and out, will do same on rear shock assembly - this way i can easily go back to stock and will be appealing on used market as a pnp solution

Yeah that's not a bad idea!

I'm interested to see what these shocks are at retail price. Hopefully they actually get released in Jan!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST