Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

05-05-2024, 10:16 PM   #67
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Got my first track day in with the new setup. Everything went well. With the new suspension and tires there is am enormous amount of grip

Single turbo also worked great. Tune is still being dialed in and running a bit rich but pulled hard and sounded amazing. It makes a lot of noise with induction up front and equal length exhaust noises. Love it.

This was a pretty short track but picked up an extra 10 to 15 kmh vs stock turbo down the straight.

I am chasing some random misfires issues every once in a while. Car was happy all day on track but misfired under steady state driving down the highway. Going to swap in new plugs this week and maybe revert back to s55 coils if that doesn't clear it up.

Haven't had it on the dyno yet but it pulls very hard up top

Appreciate 1
sly1types431.50
      05-11-2024, 09:46 PM   #68
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep

Had a great day at the northern Alberta sports car club race class today. Lots of cool cars out with a great BMW turn out from e30 m3s to the f8xs.

I can now apply for my amateur racing license.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2024, 05:49 PM   #69
b_w.
Lieutenant
Rep

Picked my vs5rs' up from paint and mounted the extreme contact forces in 315 30 18.

I had my original rear 18x11 et 44s in satin bronze and 18*11 et25 fronts that were polished. Was hoping to get the new fronts painted or powder coated bronze to match but couldn't come up with a powder I liked.

I wanted to try and match BMW's frozen gold and I read some reviews that prismatic champagne gold was a close match. Had all 4 redone in it and it is definitely not a match. Wasn't what I expected at all. It still looks nice but it is really a silver with gold flake in it. It should contrast nicely with the mineral grey paint.

These will be my driving around town wheels and wet track days. Been driving the NT01s on the street but that won't fly once I mount the Hoosiers on my track wheels.

Looks nice in the sun...just not what I wanted. Powder shop didn't want to use this color but I decided to do it anyways.

free picture upload
Appreciate 1
Wanted_M772.50