R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

12-31-2015, 05:16 AM   #111
USAM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Hey Renz, all I can say is life is too short and live it up while you have the means to. Drive that GT3 everyday and enjoy it to the fullest. When life gets you down just go out to your garage and stare at your f'ing nice car and remember the day you got it and how happy you were. While you're out driving notice all of the envious bimmer drivers staring at your car and wishing they could own one. You are living what most can only dream of in their lifetime because they didn't grasp the opportunity in life like you did. I think it's better to experience a dream come true than to always have the same dream.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 08:38 AM   #112
bimmerj
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
You live in lebanon?
Found it on the internet. Thought it was a good representation of some sacrifices people make to buy the car they like.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2015, 10:24 AM   #113
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
Found it on the internet. Thought it was a good representation of some sacrifices people make to buy the car they like.
Lol I think that's a bit extreme. But they don't have washers and dryers in lebanon. They all use line drying. Hence the wing. Still really funny though using a GT3 for laundry.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 09:10 PM   #114
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Good for you OP that you took action to pursue something you are really passionate about.

Nice gt3. Hope you enjoy it and track it.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #115
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by renz
me and my wife are in the medical field ( RNs ) we are not rich just love driving. Trying to put a picture to make my story legit. Iam bad at inserting pictures been trying so many times ( I don't usually post). can anybody teach me. Or I will just wait for my daughter tomorrow to post the pic. it's getting late here in bay area.
congrats! live the dream! DD that badboy everyday to the hospital and don't listen to what anyone says. Cars are for driving not for parking.

and what the hell are RNs making these days?! why did I become an MD? lol
Appreciate 2
      01-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #116
PodDoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i / 2016 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
Sorry, this just doesn't line up. Take a $17k hit, pay $25k over sticker, have a $200k car loan, and you and your wife are RN's? This sounds like an email I recently received from a Nigerian prince.
Yeah definitely sounds whack. No offense intended to OP, but IMHO if you and your spouse are RN's you shouldn't have a $200k car loan given the average RN salary is around $55k/yr. Plus how can one manage that with the high cost of living in the Bay Area? Doesn't add up.
I should have become an RN instead of a surgeon. No way i could justify a $200k car loan to daily drive a civic even if there was a gt3 for the weekends. Maybe if it was a 458 speciale.
Appreciate 2
      01-01-2016, 12:03 PM   #117
IrvineTim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F82

Without you, we would not have a job. Keep on keeping on!!! Try to schedule them cases during daylight hours though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PodDoc View Post
I should have become an RN instead of a surgeon. No way i could justify a $200k car loan to daily drive a civic even if there was a gt3 for the weekends. Maybe if it was a 458 speciale.

Last edited by IrvineTim; 01-01-2016 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: add
Appreciate 1
      01-01-2016, 11:57 PM   #118
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

How is it that this guy has a $200k note after getting his gt3, then 'misses his BMW so much' that he's in the process of acquiring a m3 as his 'daily?' Living just far beyond his means, or just a absolute moron when it comes to financial planning. Or, he's fucking with us.

I should have become a male nurse.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 05:42 AM   #119
USAM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWGroceryGetter View Post
How is it that this guy has a $200k note after getting his gt3, then 'misses his BMW so much' that he's in the process of acquiring a m3 as his 'daily?' Living just far beyond his means, or just a absolute moron when it comes to financial planning. Or, he's fucking with us.

Dude you come off as being so jelly. What is it to you that this guy has a 200K car note? So the guy wants to order another M for his dd, more power to him. No need to call him names or assume he's living beyond his means just because you can't fathom having so much in car debt.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 05:54 AM   #120
DC-T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5/Golf R/Amarok

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerj View Post
I used to live in mine.

And I see totally nothing wrong. Rock on, brother.
Appreciate 2
      01-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #121
Liquid2.0T
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: It used to be a BMW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAM3 View Post
Dude you come off as being so jelly. What is it to you that this guy has a 200K car note? So the guy wants to order another M for his dd, more power to him. No need to call him names or assume he's living beyond his means just because you can't fathom having so much in car debt.
Actually, he's right.

I gather that most of us a relatively doing well in our jobs or businesses and thats why we're able to afford an M. I'm actually positive a lot of us would be able to do this, I just did the math and $200K in car debt is only $3505 a month at 2% interest over 5 years. I'm sure a lot of us could do it but would rather be fiscally responsible over that craving desire to drive a Porsche. Lets say he makes $150K, the $3505 is half of his take home pay, just his not his wife's. So it is do-able, but I'm not sure its the right thing to do.

Now image what kind of car we could afford if we gave up ALL discretionary spending, savings, and investments? Porsche GT3 RS, no problem, Ferrari 488, hell yea, McLaren 675LT who needs financial security?! Dolla Dolla bills ya'll!
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 01:08 PM   #122
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAM3
Quote:

Jealous? Far from it. It's within my right, as a member here, to point out how stupid of a financial decision it is. If someone comes on a public forum and 'boasts' about trading in a m4 for a gt3, whilst employed as a RN, but mentions that there is a $200k note, almost slyly asking for empathy to his current financial plight, yea pretty dumb.

But hey, it's his life, so whatever financial situation he puts himself in, he faces the repercussions. Fiscal responsibility

I'd be 'jelly' of far more non worldly/materialistic things, not a fucking car. My life revolves around my son and family. If I had to give up my M3, I could care less. But I do love my M3 haha
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 02:02 PM   #123
kdphan
Captain
Rep
Drives: everything is gone!

some of us with kids and other priorities are jelly that the guy probably has no other expenses.

I would have an R8 if wife and I didn't love eating out so much.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 02:24 PM   #124
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
some of us with kids and other priorities are jelly that the guy probably has no other expenses.

I would have an R8 if wife and I didn't love eating out so much.
Careful, are you saying she wouldn't fit in it.
Appreciate 4
      01-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #125
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Jealous? Far from it. It's within my right, as a member here, to point out how stupid of a financial decision it is. If someone comes on a public forum and 'boasts' about trading in a m4 for a gt3, whilst employed as a RN, but mentions that there is a $200k note, almost slyly asking for empathy to his current financial plight, yea pretty dumb.

But hey, it's his life, so whatever financial situation he puts himself in, he faces the repercussions. Fiscal responsibility

I'd be 'jelly' of far more non worldly/materialistic things, not a fucking car. My life revolves around my son and family. If I had to give up my M3, I could care less. But I do love my M3 haha
I like the last part of your post, but why do you care how somebody else spends their cash? It has no effect on your life. The OP (or anybody) probably isn't going to listen and what they want anyway.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 02:28 PM   #126
kdphan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Careful, are you saying she wouldn't fit in it.
Haha damn that came off all wrong

We spend quite a bit eating out.

If that $ was diverted to a car, it would be something awesome.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #127
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdphan View Post
Haha damn that came off all wrong

We spend quite a bit eating out.

If that $ was diverted to a car, it would be something awesome.
I know, I couldn't help it. I'm a jackass.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 02:33 PM   #128
kdphan
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I know, I couldn't help it. I'm a jackass.
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 07:07 PM   #129
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I like the last part of your post, but why do you care how somebody else spends their cash? It has no effect on your life. The OP (or anybody) probably isn't going to listen and what they want anyway.
It's not that I care, and lose sleep over whether a stranger on the internet cares about my opinion. Maybe the way it came out showed that I care, but I don't.

But damnit, like kdphan said, if I was single, so much more extra funds....

Kind of off topic, but I noticed your Minn Gopher hockey avatar. My buddy plays a lot of hockey, and joined a rec league. The only jersey he had that matched his team was a Minn jersey. And he happened to be exponentially better than the entire league. His teammates thought he was the messiah, sent from the heavens, or the state of Minn, to help them win their league haha he also happened to attend UND for undergrad, though he didn't play there

Last edited by Mr Pete; 01-02-2016 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #130
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
It's not that I care, and lose sleep over whether a stranger on the internet cares about my opinion. Maybe the way it came out showed that I care, but I don't.

But damnit, like kdphan said, if I was single, so much more extra funds....

Kind of off topic, but I noticed your Minn Gopher hockey avatar. My buddy plays a lot of hockey, and joined a rec league. The only jersey he had that matched his team was a Minn jersey. And he happened to be exponentially better than the entire league. His teammates thought he was the messiah, sent from the heavens, or the state of Minn, to help them win their league haha
I hear yah. If I didn't care about retirement, kids college fund, cash savings etc, I would probably be rolling in a summer only Turbo S. Still wouldn't fit well with my lifestyle as I have to pick up my kid from kindergarten everyday so not the most practical. I also don't want to give up traveling/vacations and other fun things to drive a car. I don't mind slumming in the M4 until I can comfortably afford something more expensive if I so choose.

I do care when I see somebody obviously neglecting their family responsibilities to drive a nice car. It still isn't any of my business and my opinion won't change anything, but it does irk me.

We do produce some excellent hockey players, that is funny. It is analogous to my old indoor rec soccer league when a friend brought his Brazilian co-worker. It was the same as if the gates of soccer heaven had opened up for us.
Appreciate 2
      01-04-2016, 05:40 PM   #131
s4play
Car Tuning Geek
United_States
Rep
Drives: too many rides....

Love the honesty from OP from this post!

I too had a GT3 (2008) and realized although it's a great car, it will NEVER be a daily driver with the harsh ride and long nose overhang that scrapes everywhere.

thanks for the post!

P.S. M3/M4 is probably the best daily driver for a sports car

Civic is also a great car in it's own category!
15 Ferrari 458 Spider
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #132
Randy M
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 B302 LS

I had an '11 GT3 for a summer. It's not a DD. Not only that but it's not all that enjoyable on the street. Sold it for a modest profit and moved on. Porsche is so insanely expensive now anyway, they've become a little dead to me which says a lot as I've had 4 911's.