Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-22-2017, 03:30 PM   #1
GCSystems
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Another New Design From Ground Control! F8X M2/M3/M4 Articulating Rear Weight Jacks

Ground Control F8X M2/M3/M4 Articulating Rear Weight Jacks

Available now! Brand new, original design from Ground Control Systems. These weight jacks are built for easy installation, and are made to work with 2.25" and 2.5" inside diameter springs. Eibach Race Springs can also be included at a discount/package price.

Once installed, ride height can be adjusted while the weight of the vehicle is loaded on the suspension. No vehicle lift or floor jack needed in order to gain access to the ride height adjuster. Ride height can be adjusted from stock to approximately -3" below stock. Maximum adjustment ranges can vary depending on spring rate and length.

These weight jacks are made in the USA, and machined from 7075-T6 aluminum for maximum strength and durability. In stock, and can usually ship the same day the order is placed.

For more information and bimmerpost member pricing on our Weight Jacks, please see our for sale thread in the sponsor classifieds area.
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1442387

Thanks!
Trevor
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2017, 11:54 AM   #2
FlyingLow78
The G8X is a disaster. 🤮
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW anymore

Does changing the rear ride height mess up the alignment (specifically the toe)?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2017, 02:11 AM   #3
F3IGHTY
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Awesome! Ordered!
Appreciate 1
      11-27-2017, 10:29 AM   #4
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingLow78 View Post
Does changing the rear ride height mess up the alignment (specifically the toe)?
Anytime you make adjustments to the ride height I would definitely recommend getting the car aligned. Anyone who has installed rear springs/ride height adjusters on one of these cars knows they can some times be a pain to adjust to an exact, desired ride height. No spanner needed, just an extension and a wrench.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:34 AM   #5
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Awesome! Ordered!
Sweet! Not sure of your name but they should ship today(Monday) if they haven't already.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2017, 10:28 PM   #6
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Ordered mine last Friday. Still waiting. : )

I ordered the Front adjustable end links as well. Hope they fit the aFe sway bars?

MJ
      11-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #7
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL View Post
Ordered mine last Friday. Still waiting. : )

I ordered the Front adjustable end links as well. Hope they fit the aFe sway bars?

MJ
Yes you did! I found your order and a tracking number should have automatically been e-mailed to you(check spam). I'll resend it following this post.

The front end links should fit the aFe bar no problem at all! If you run into any bumps during install please do shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you helped out.
Appreciate 1
M4 CSL231.00
      11-29-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSystems View Post
Yes you did! I found your order and a tracking number should have automatically been e-mailed to you(check spam). I'll resend it following this post.

The front end links should fit the aFe bar no problem at all! If you run into any bumps during install please do shoot me an e-mail and I'll get you helped out.
Thanks, I got the tracking number now. : )
      12-04-2017, 01:59 PM   #9
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4 CSL View Post
Thanks, I got the tracking number now. : )
Sweet! Post some pictures when you get them on!
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 09:53 PM   #10
M4 CSL
Captain
Australia
Rep

Ground Control Goodness. Just waiting on the aFe bars to arrive before fitting. Thanks Trevor. MJ
      12-10-2017, 10:54 PM   #11
F3IGHTY
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Just installed these over the weekend and pretty happy with them overall.

Build quality is really solid like all GC products. The only potential concern I have is with height adjustability. I'm at the very bottom of the range based on where the C clip is installed on the threaded shaft. However this is just barely as low as my previous perches were set. GC could chime in if I missed something, otherwise I'd have to simply buy a shorter spring.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #12
GCSystems
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F3IGHTY View Post
Just installed these over the weekend and pretty happy with them overall.

Build quality is really solid like all GC products. The only potential concern I have is with height adjustability. I'm at the very bottom of the range based on where the C clip is installed on the threaded shaft. However this is just barely as low as my previous perches were set. GC could chime in if I missed something, otherwise I'd have to simply buy a shorter spring.
Can you call or shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance? Donovan may have already helped you however the threaded rods are marked if you would like to shorten them. We send them standard length with the option to shorten if needed. These adjusters have the option to get you on the ground(if you wanted?).

Thanks!
Trevor
Appreciate 0