proTUNING Freaks
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Exterior Parts

02-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #23
AlphaOmega4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB M4

now just need a part # for the Gloss Black M4 Emblem
      02-29-2016, 04:13 PM   #24
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 Ford Raptor - On Order

I spoke with ECS today, they are holding my order for Gloss Black Fender Grille and the emblem till March 3rd when they should receive more emblems from BMW.
      02-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #25
IND-Distribution
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: G82 M4 / G87 M2

At this point, we've switched our inventory of gloss black M3 badges from items IND made (by using OE badges) to items that we sourced directly from BMW.

Our price was absolutely higher than BMW's offering- IND purchased OE BMW chrome emblems (at a cost of nearly $20 each), individually masked the emblems so that no overspray landed on the M color decals, and then individually scuffed and prepped each emblem for paint. This was an incredibly labor intensive process that came at a substantial cost to IND, and unfortunately did result in a price that is higher than BMW's own.

Please keep in mind that economies of scale are also a factor here: IND will paint 50-100 badges in one shot, on a good run. When BMW commissioned their own gloss black badges, I'm certain that they ordered literally thousands. As anyone in business knows, unit cost absolutely plummets when the overall order volume increases.

IND does not profit hand over fist on cosmetic items like badges. We offer them to the community as a service, to enable people to obtain the cosmetic parts they want. Obviously BMW took notice of the demand for gloss black emblems, and has now released their own to capture market share.
      02-29-2016, 05:25 PM   #26
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND
At this point, we've switched our inventory of gloss black M3 badges from items IND made (by using OE badges) to items that we sourced directly from BMW.

Our price was absolutely higher than BMW's offering- IND purchased OE BMW chrome emblems (at a cost of nearly $20 each), individually masked the emblems so that no overspray landed on the M color decals, and then individually scuffed and prepped each emblem for paint. This was an incredibly labor intensive process that came at a substantial cost to IND, and unfortunately did result in a price that is higher than BMW's own.

Please keep in mind that economies of scale are also a factor here: IND will paint 50-100 badges in one shot, on a good run. When BMW commissioned their own gloss black badges, I'm certain that they ordered literally thousands. As anyone in business knows, unit cost absolutely plummets when the overall order volume increases.

IND does not profit hand over fist on cosmetic items like badges. We offer them to the community as a service, to enable people to obtain the cosmetic parts they want. Obviously BMW took notice of the demand for gloss black emblems, and has now released their own to capture market share.
Very true, and thanks for weighing in. IND is a go-to for key mods, and given the new option (if it becomes efficiently available) will simply be a good alternative for many.

My biggest gripe however is the exorbitant shipping costs for small parts like these. At the very most, can't it fit in a $5 priority flat rate USPS envelope?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 08:56 PM   #27
spoonf20c
let me see you become a ///Monster
Philippines
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonf20c
nice! could you possibly post pics of it installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_BMW View Post
Already got mine from getbmwparts.com, arrived in a week after placing the order. ECS offers the same but not sure how long is the wait as it's being back ordered. It should be around $35 to $40 shipped from both places.

Search for part# 51148068580. I think it's for M3 only at this time but I could be wrong.
Here you go! Original bag with part# and after installed.
looks great! thanks for the pics.
      02-29-2016, 10:53 PM   #28
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post

Thank you for explaining, and I have to agree, you need to stay in business and company needs to make a profit, but what really stop me from buying your parts was the actual shipping price and not the price for the parts itself, as Doctor///M mentioned below.
As consumer, I think it is fair to make a profit but when comes to over-charge shipping it is just too much to take (it is a matter of principals and not if we have the money to pay for it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor///M View Post
My biggest gripe however is the exorbitant shipping costs for small parts like these. At the very most, can't it fit in a $5 priority flat rate USPS envelope?
+1

We all know that IND has excellent quality and reputation, please keep-up with the great products, and as long your price is fair, there will be no need for use to look somewhere else (look at revzilla.com as an example, slight higher prices than ebay and some other competitors, but to me their customer service, videos on youtube and the ability to do easy returns makes the experience and the price totally worth it.

Last edited by 64-bit; 02-29-2016 at 11:00 PM..
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #29
Rid3r
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64-bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rid3r
Would anyone know the zcp pn# for gloss black fender vents as well to go with the gloss black grilles
For the M3

Gloss Black Fender Grille - Right
ES#: 2767713

Gloss Black Fender Grille - left
ES#: 2767836
I already ordered these thank you, looking for the pn# for the gloss black vents that go under these grilles in the fender
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #30
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Already got mine from getbmwparts.com, arrived in a week after placing the order. ECS offers the same but not sure how long is the wait as it's being back ordered. It should be around $35 to $40 shipped from both places.

Search for part# 51148068580. I think it's for M3 only at this time but I could be wrong.
i dont see it in getbmwparts.com, do you part number?
      03-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #31
Kevin_BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
i dont see it in getbmwparts.com, do you part number?
Go to getbmwparts.com and search in BMWparts.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 10:51 AM   #32
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Thanks, is this the M3 badge in gloss black because there is no product description or pics in the website
      03-04-2016, 10:55 AM   #33
Nachbar
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: i8

Got it today (OEM)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 11:06 AM   #34
Kevin_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k
Quote:

Thanks, is this the M3 badge in gloss black because there is no product description or pics in the website
It is :-) I attached some pics in my previous post, you can take a look.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 11:18 AM   #35
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Ordered mine a week ago, they said it's backordered until more arrive from Germany, 2-3 weeks.
@GetBMWparts
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 02:25 PM   #36
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
thanks, my local dealer quoted me 20 bucks with 10% discount, listed price is 22 bucks, does that sound good?
      03-04-2016, 02:43 PM   #37
Kevin_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k
Quote:
thanks, my local dealer quoted me 20 bucks with 10% discount, listed price is 22 bucks, does that sound good?
It is! My local dealer quoted me ~$40 and that's why I ordered through GBP at that time.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 03:18 PM   #38
LayZA55
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO/SS F80 6MT

Quote:
It is! My local dealer quoted me ~$40 and that's why I ordered through GBP at that time.
Just FYI. I had placed orders from GBP as well as ECS tuning, however, none seem to have them in stock. I just ordered mine from IND yesterday. Went through order inquiry and they quoted $9 for shipping (cheaper than on their website) as well as $22 for the part which ended up being $31 in total. They shipped it immediately and I'm expecting it Monday. GBP and ECS seem to be out of stock, however, IND seem to have plenty in stock when I spoke to Cat, their representative. If you are looking to get yours quickly and at a good price, give them a call. They should be able to get it out very shortly. Canceled my orders from GBP and ECS.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2016, 03:39 PM   #39
Kevin_BMW
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LayZA55
Quote:
Just FYI. I had placed orders from GBP as well as ECS tuning, however, none seem to have them in stock. I just ordered mine from IND yesterday. Went through order inquiry and they quoted $9 for shipping (cheaper than on their website) as well as $22 for the part which ended up being $31 in total. They shipped it immediately and I'm expecting it Monday. GBP and ECS seem to be out of stock, however, IND seem to have plenty in stock when I spoke to Cat, their representative. If you are looking to get yours quickly and at a good price, give them a call. They should be able to get it out very shortly. Canceled my orders from GBP and ECS.
Agreed. IND is probably a better option now to avoid the wait. But back to the time when I ordered it, IND was not even carry it so I only have GBP and ECS to choose from:-)
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #40
shawshank772
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i and 16 M3

Yeup go IND. Seems like they always come through. Although I wonder how many painted ones they have left at 75 bucks a pop. Those wont be flying off the shelf any time soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #41
LayZA55
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawshank772
Yeup go IND. Seems like they always come through. Although I wonder how many painted ones they have left at 75 bucks a pop. Those wont be flying off the shelf any time soon.
I think they aren't selling them anymore. Only selling OEM competition badges or matte black or custom painted ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2016, 10:06 PM   #42
64-bit
Major
United_States
Rep

Just checked on ECS website and my order still "Status - Back Ordered"

They do have the Gloss Black Fender Grille available, what is holding my order still the "EMBLEM ES#3016114"

Oh well, still not driving the car due the bad weather and I still waiting for the new Carbon Fiber parts to arrive:

Rear CF M3 spoiler
Rear CF Diffuser
CF Side Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2016, 07:31 AM   #43
LayZA55
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by LayZA55
Quote:
Agreed. IND is probably a better option now to avoid the wait. But back to the time when I ordered it, IND was not even carry it so I only have GBP and ECS to choose from:-)
Order from ind and they will send it out right away. Once they do then cancel from ECS and GBP. Unless you want to wait of course :

Edit: my bad realized you already have yours
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2016, 11:11 AM   #44
boss2k
Colonel
Rep

Ordered from my local bmw dealer for 22 bucks will take a month to come from Germany
Appreciate 1