Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

11-17-2023, 12:49 PM   #23
armo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

absolutely stunning build

not selling my F80 anytime soon but can't help to wonder what's next. I know the G80 is an incredible platform but I just can't grow to like that front end. I love the ZL1 1LE (have an American muscle car urge lately) but this build has me reconsidering.

How's the power vs the F80?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebin View Post
I really liked my time with BMW i loved the f80 platform. About two years ago i parted out my f80 build and sold the car i knew i could get what i paid for the car two years prior selling back to carmax plus all the money from the aftermarket parts. This was still peak Covid pricing i knew the market was high on both sides of selling and buying. I also knew it wouldn’t last forever. I shopped for 911T’S and GTS but there wasn’t a lot of inventory at the time and Porsche was still backlogged for 992. I found a gate grey 991 S down in socal. I picked it up CPO from Porsche. I will say there are a few downsides to moving to 911 the owners are kinda lame they don’t track there’s cars they don’t like modding and everything is about spec. My 991 is an enthusiast spec it almost doesn’t even matter if you plan on modding the car. My 991 came with rear axle steering, sport Chrono sport pasm and 18 ways, PTV-LSD. I kinda wanted to keep it stock for a bit but i couldn’t help my self.
      12-07-2023, 09:50 AM   #24
andrewmr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
Why is that though? Seems like most people all carry the same view which to me is bizarre. I just don't get it.
Have you ever driven one? If you have, and you still don't get it, then respect, P cars just aren't your thing. They don't appeal to everyone.

Comparing our M4 to our 991... the 991 handled better, stopped better, sounded better, the ergonomics were better. The M4 makes more power and I really like the looks of the Coupe.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 01:44 PM   #25
Supreme_J
United_States
Rep
Drives: shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innovade View Post
Are there really any other cars that you can still daily drive and still take to the track reliably? A new M3/M4 would fit the bill, but I would never purchase a G8X.

There's a joke that every BMW owner's dream car is a 911. Porsche is really the only brand that still caters to driving enthusiasts these days.
Im about to buy my F82 coming from a C7 stingray (stolen/totaled) i think that a Z06 C7 would be a nice step up from a F82 without going into Porsche price range
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 09:54 AM   #26
Squints33
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
I still have both and enjoy driving the M3 and mostly looking at it. Mine is also Yas Marina.

991.2 is several steps up in handling capability, steering feel, chassis control etc. You sit a lot lower in the car and center of gravity is much lower. One is born as a sports car, the other one is born as a pedestrian sedan that engineers made into a sporty car.

M3 is much cheaper to run though from a maintenance standpoint. If you thought M tax is bad, just wait to see the Porsche tax / labor rates.
The natural progression.
Appreciate 0