ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

03-20-2017, 04:35 PM   #23
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2023 Nissan Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
That's wise my friend. I would save the money too if I were you. I just can't believe how things are priced in the gulf. I guess they can get away with it when people don't ask why!

M
mind you, that price I told you is after my 25% discount! imagine the prices people who don't have that discount privilege pay!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2017, 05:57 PM   #24
dr.mba
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F. Grey M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
mind you, that price I told you is after my 25% discount! imagine the prices people who don't have that discount privilege pay!
Unimaginable!!

M
      03-20-2017, 06:11 PM   #25
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Add DPs to an otherwise full zcp exhaust and it sounds great. When I got my 16 zcp I decided to stick with the sports exhaust to try it first and im glad I did. To me the MPE gets very raspy up top with DP. I think some people call that character but im not a fan.

If you wanna talk about discount I got my MPE on my 15 for $3k OTD installed with tips.
Appreciate 1
      03-21-2017, 08:47 AM   #26
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 ZCP

So I finally got around to installing my VRSF downpipes on my ZCP with the otherwise stock ZCP M-Sport exhaust.

Damn, it sounds phenomenal. Way better than my non-ZCP M4 with the same downpipes. And that's not considering any overrun noises. The overrun in Sport+ sounds like gunfire and is pretty damn loud.

Rasp is increased slightly, but it's not bad at all, especially when compared to the non-ZCP exhaust with the same downpipes (which was rasp city).

Overall, I highly recommend sticking with the M-Sport exhaust and adding downpipes for added volume and a deeper tone. Start there first.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:23 PM   #27
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
So I finally got around to installing my VRSF downpipes on my ZCP with the otherwise stock ZCP M-Sport exhaust.

Damn, it sounds phenomenal. Way better than my non-ZCP M4 with the same downpipes. And that's not considering any overrun noises. The overrun in Sport+ sounds like gunfire and is pretty damn loud.

Rasp is increased slightly, but it's not bad at all, especially when compared to the non-ZCP exhaust with the same downpipes (which was rasp city).

Overall, I highly recommend sticking with the M-Sport exhaust and adding downpipes for added volume and a deeper tone. Start there first.
1) are there any OEM downpipes or those are aftermarket? I don't want anything aftermarket to keep the warranty intact

2) A video is worth a thousand words I hope you can make one
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #28
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
1) are there any OEM downpipes or those are aftermarket? I don't want anything aftermarket to keep the warranty intact

2) A video is worth a thousand words I hope you can make one
No, the OEM downpipes are actually very well designed and flow very well, despite having catalytic converters in them. You can get catted downpipes that might make you feel better, but aren't likely to pass any SMOG tests - I'd skip those. The only other option is aftermarket catless downpipes and the best option out of those are the VRSF downpipes (I have ran two sets of them on two different M4's).

Moving to catless downpipes will not kill your warranty by themselves unless BMW can prove that the addition of downpipes caused a failure somehow and I can't think of a downpipe hurting anything other than emissions or a bad install where the turbos were somehow damaged during the install. You will, however, fail a SMOG test and probably a visual inspection as well.

As for a video, I'll see if I can get one up.
Appreciate 2
      03-21-2017, 06:13 PM   #29
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP

Quote:

I love the sound of my stock ZCP exhaust with DP's as well. I also wonder if a mid-pipe at this point would help or hurt the sound.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:37 AM   #30
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Paul View Post
I love the sound of my stock ZCP exhaust with DP's as well. I also wonder if a mid-pipe at this point would help or hurt the sound.
A single midpipe should make it a tad deeper and clean it up a little more as far as rasp. Ill probably add one at some point.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 07:58 AM   #31
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
A single midpipe should make it a tad deeper and clean it up a little more as far as rasp. Ill probably add one at some point.
Yup. And will add more volume because you're deleting the secondary cats and resonator.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:32 AM   #32
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That sounds appealing, I'll have to add the midpipe to my wish list.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:50 AM   #33
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That sounds appealing, I'll have to add the midpipe to my wish list.
Yeah.. I may order one this week the more I think about it.

Another think about the ZCP rear is I always leave it in OEM even tho I have the ability to open it up. To me it just has more character when you allow it to do its thing.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:56 AM   #34
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah.. I may order one this week the more I think about it.

Another think about the ZCP rear is I always leave it in OEM even tho I have the ability to open it up. To me it just has more character when you allow it to do its thing.
Be sure to post a recording,
would love hear it. I prefer the OEM flap operation as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 08:59 AM   #35
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I hate the exhaust valves closing randomly, so I prefer to lock mine open. But that's just me. The ZCP's exhaust valve logic is a lot better than the non-ZCP's, I'll say that.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 09:32 AM   #36
F80Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I hate the exhaust valves closing randomly, so I prefer to lock mine open. But that's just me. The ZCP's exhaust valve logic is a lot better than the non-ZCP's, I'll say that.
Have you tried it since installing BM3?
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 11:23 AM   #37
CaryTheLabelGuy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you tried it since installing BM3?
Yeah. OEM still operates roughly the same. This can be changed with custom tuning though.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 04:25 PM   #38
MyFragileHalogen
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 M4 6MT

I don't consider MPE raspy at all once the exhaust is warmed up. It's pretty clean to my ears. Best thing about MPE is when the car is going along a wall. That tone I hear is pretty special.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2017, 10:24 PM   #39
Audio Fan
Major
Rep
Drives: AY - M4

I have a '15 F82 non-ZCP M4. I'm getting an F83 ZCP in May. I listened to various comparison videos and was concerned that the ZCP wouldn't be enough, because I also felt the exhaust note was lacking. Once I got to hear a ZCP in person, I was sold. I think there is a very big difference and improvement over the non-ZCP in real life. Videos seem to filter the exhaust audio in a way that makes them sound closer than they actually do. I think it will be awesome topless. I also think the MPE might be too much for me, if is much louder than the ZCP.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2017, 02:17 PM   #40
Super Spartan
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Fan View Post
I have a '15 F82 non-ZCP M4. I'm getting an F83 ZCP in May. I listened to various comparison videos and was concerned that the ZCP wouldn't be enough, because I also felt the exhaust note was lacking. Once I got to hear a ZCP in person, I was sold. I think there is a very big difference and improvement over the non-ZCP in real life. Videos seem to filter the exhaust audio in a way that makes them sound closer than they actually do. I think it will be awesome topless. I also think the MPE might be too much for me, if is much louder than the ZCP.
that sound great. I hope I get a bit more excited once I hear the Sports Exhaust in the Competition Pack vs the old boring stock exhaust
Appreciate 0