Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

iOS11 and Steering Wheel Talk Button

Has anyone had an issue with the steering wheel talk button after the iOS11 update, USB or Bluetooth? Specifically, it either doesn?t work at all or it looks like it will try to start a call while you hold it down.

If so, have you fixed it and if so what did you do? I tried the delete and re-pair with no luck. I use this function all day and I?d like to have it back.
      10-08-2017, 06:30 AM   #2
omegatlc
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral Grey M4 Convertib

Mine seems to be working properly, however I am using CarPlay if that makes any difference.

Also, do a reset on your phone if you’€™ve not done so already. That might get the ios11 gremlins to act right.

Good luck...I use this function a lot too and it’€™s a pain when not working properly.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2017, 07:33 AM   #3
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

No problems here, single press engages the bmw voice control. Long press engages Siri.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2017, 08:05 AM   #4
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
Has anyone had an issue with the steering wheel talk button after the iOS11 update, USB or Bluetooth? Specifically, it either doesn?t work at all or it looks like it will try to start a call while you hold it down.

If so, have you fixed it and if so what did you do? I tried the delete and re-pair with no luck. I use this function all day and I?d like to have it back.
I've found that sometimes Siri doesn't wait for you to talk in iOS11... meaning you'll press the button, by the time the screen comes up, it will go back away.

It happens maybe 2x a week.

Other than that, it has worked fine. Maybe you need to reconnect everything
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 09:45 AM   #5
derpimpkar
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

i sorted out the issue in case anyone searches there way here. i has disabled the "press the home button for siri" toggle. that's apparently required for the steering wheel talk button. enabling the toggle fixed the issue.
      11-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #6
aboulfad
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 MG/SO

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by derpimpkar View Post
i sorted out the issue in case anyone searches there way here. i has disabled the "press the home button for siri" toggle. that's apparently required for the steering wheel talk button. enabling the toggle fixed the issue.
I have the same exact issue, the issue is intermittent, and I've always had "Press Home for Siri" enabled... now I just live with it when it fails I've unpaired, restored and prayed to the iphone gods!
Appreciate 0